Sunday, November 2, 2008

What I loved about today



There are many things that made me happy today. Before I call it a night on this blustery (is blustery really a word... or is it used only in the hundred acre wood?) evening, I wanted to reflect on the joys of this Sunday.

#1- My favorite 4 year old in the entire world found an ice cube shaped like a BOOT in his watered down chocolate milk during lunch. All be darn.

#2. I asked very calmly for my SO almost 2 year old to SIT down during sac. meeting. He proceeded, very vocally mind you, to repeat "SIT" over and over again. The really sweet thing though was that since he's almost 2 and hasn't mastered thee 'ole pronunciation and art of tact thing...it came out with an "H" in the middle, yea, the delivery was all wrong.

#3. Jack brought me his plate (so I could check the enough eaten status) during family dinner at Grandma's and asked before I said anything, "O.k., so I'm thinking I'm gonna get a NO on this one?!

#4. Hearing Kyle and Jack laugh out loud while reading Junie B. Jones from the other room. Good stuff. Love that Barbara Park-kid literature genius.

#5. Daylight savings-I'm a big fan

So there it is...bring on Monday!

4 comments:

kir said...

I already love that Italy is shaped like a boot, and now there is an ice cube at the Thomas casa shaped like a boot, too?! Good stuff and good anticipation there on Mr. Jack's part with the "not quite done" plate--he knows the drill...
-xoxo-Kir

Amberly said...

Blustery is too good a word to pass up in or out of the hundred acre wood. I say slap that word right into the dictionary. Unless of course it's already there, then just add a gold star.

Cassie Jensen said...

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I wish we were together during sacrament meeting. Brodie's chanting would go right along with Porter's spitting, giggling and escaping! And... who doesn't laught out loud at Junie B.? She's hysterical!

erin said...

I eagerly anticipate when you post because your writing is so fun! I can actually har you speaking it when I read it. So I love your boys words because they mirror what my boys do and say...I just never think to remember and write them down most times. You rock as a Mom may I say??