Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts..deep ones

Seeing that so many of you were just dying to comment on Twilight....I'll move on. We had a really nice Thanksgiving once again.

I peeled massive amounts of potatoes (someday my estimation skills will sharpen) and made a delish coconut cream pie. That's all I had to do...and then I got to enjoy this....



Grandpa and Grandma Thomas always are the hostesses with the mostesses. Such good food, my personal faves: perfectly seasoned gravy and stuffing, yum yum yams, and rolls the size of your head.



That's right Jack, total thumbs up!






Cute cousins Cole and Sidney.



After dinner we all assumed the position!






Then when pie is digesting and Tums have been dispersed throughout the room, we all got to open our Christmas jammies. My mom-in-law has such a fun and thoughtful tradition each Thanksgiving evening, she has new pjs for everyone...including the adults. My boys look forward to new christmas jammies every year (heck, so do I). She did especially great this year..all pjs fit the appropriate body!




Snuggly Cole with gramma.








So fun to have all these cute cousins together in their festive snuggly jams.



























6 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry, I don't even know what Twilight is! :) I was having the same potato problem discussion with my friend and I was in charge of potatoes this year. I ALWAYS make too much! :)

Thomas family said...

I want new jammies! That is such a cool idea!

kir said...

So I just wrote this fantastically witty comment and it said there was a duplication error and it all disappeared--boo hoo!! I guess I could summarize:
*Thanksgiving-good
*cousin jammies-good
*SharkBoy and Edward Scissorhands in the same movie-debatable
*If Edward ate people food, I'm sure he would appreciate a roll the size of his head
-xoxo-Kir

Alison said...

Fun! love the jams! Reguarding Twilight...I haven't seen it yet. I felt like I should finish Breaking Dawn first....but by then it will be out on DVD. I'll cave I'm sure and make Kermit go with me. Poor fella. He IS curious though about what it is that women love about Edward. =)

Cassie Jensen said...

Beautiful pie- and I love the topless tree. I think it's a keeper! Thanks again for the fun night on Sunday. Sorry we missed Thanksgiving Seconds together- I hope the tradition doesn't fade out all together! Have fun at Disneyland and we'll be anxiously awaiting your deep holiday thought throughout the season! Love ya!

Amy said...

What a fun tradition w/ the jammies! We always got them Christmas Eve, but by then, Christmas is practically OVER!

Ummm, where did you learn to make coconut cream pie? Did you know it's my absolute FAVORITE? I wanted to lick the screen it looked so good. TOASTED COCONUT on the top!?!? You're killin' me, Kar.

I haven't seen the Twilight movie yet. I think I'll have to either find some friend who hasn't seen it or wait for it to come out on DVD.