Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quick re-cap

A few things learned this week:

-Some of the greatest joys in one's life can be found at Target.
Halloween costumes....90% off
Optimus Prime-$2.49, Super Cool Ninja guy $1.49, Raphael Ninja Turtle (minus a mask and shell....can't win 'em all) $2.49.

3 Hours of continual and cordial Superhero playtime...PRICELESS!
Things learned around the dinner table tonight:
Thomas children can't handle the allure of Croutons-hence they were banned.
The use of old hot dog buns (with a little butter and seasoning) as a fill in for garlic bread should not be repeated.
No "bite" negotiations were implemented..."eat it all" is the new motto.
Costco lasagna wasn't all that hot, literally.
Not looking forward to tomorrow night leftovers.
-My so almost 2 year old has learned to hate naps...grrrrr
-My so almost 2 year old singing "popcorn popping" is really cute.
-Frogs do hide in wet/soggy/gross leaves. If you are trying to surprise your over worked husband by doing one of his outside manly jobs and cleaning up all the leaves and guck, a frog will jump out of the pile of leaves that is IN YOUR HANDS if you disturb him! And you will scream!
House update: Haven't seen much of Kyle lately. Poor guy hasn't sat down to enjoy himself in who knows when. His dad and brother were on a hunting trip this past week, thus his favorite "helpers" were MIA on any house help. It's so nice to have their strong able bodies lending a hand and so apparent when they are gone. Kyle has been laying out the underground piping for radiant heat and hopefully this crazy rain will stop for just a bit so the slab can be poured. After the slab...framing!! I'm so thankful for my big, strong, hard working husband. What a guy, just out building a house. I love him even more when he is home. That one measly day is grand...Sunday -my favorite day of the week.
I'm gearing up for 2 days off from school and parent/teacher conferences right around the corner. Can you say "Early release for 5 days straight?!"
Good thing I went to Target.


5 comments:

kir said...

Bargain costumes--jackpot!! I think I may have a little tear forming right at the corner of my eye when I think of the total crouton ban that is now in place at the Thomas home--tragic! Curtis would not know what to do with that one, although he does handle his croutons rather well. The mother doesn't particularly appreciate it when he "sneaks" them down to his room for some late night munching. As if regular morning breath wasn't bad enough, just add a little garlic-n-herb and you've got one wicked rise, but no shine, cocktail for sure!!

Emily Kern said...

YOU banned croutons?!?! I can hardly believe it. It must have gotten really ugly. I do know where you are comng from, I have banned cold cereal. It is more work for me to actually cook breakfast for my family, but the enormous bowls of cereal accompanied by the cereal and its crumbs dragged throughout the house was enough to put me over the edge. It sounds like a busy week. Winter is coming, it is a good thing for Target, and indoor restaurant playareas, I miss those.

libbie said...

Gosh, I am gonna have to get to Target and see if they have any more deals like that for me!

Alison said...

Kari-
LOVE the pics of your boys! They'll love looking back at those when they are real ninjas someday.

Molly said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. I had to laugh out loud about the frog jumping out! That would have terrified me enough to make me scream so loudly that I would have been looking over my shoulder to see if the neighbors heard me. Leave the manly jobs to Kyle, please, my heart can't take anymore. I really can't believe there is a crouton ban....take a moment of silence for your family, but please tell me that you have a hidden stash somewhere??!!