Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh I forgot

A few more thoughts on Twilight:

Jasper- why so incredibly small and confused all the time? The constant look on his face was pure comedy...I thought it was a scene from SNL.

Jacob-not so much. It was hard to not think "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" the whole time....he definitely wasn't the Jacob in my head.

Rosalie-eeeuw, something just wasn't quite right.

Edward/Bella-their first initial meeting at the lab desk at school was so weird to watch...why all the pained expressions....it seriously looked like they were going to vomit. I quietly laughed to myself as to not offend the masses, I just thought it was so flat out bizarre. PAINfully bizarre.

Now, what are your reviews?

4 comments:

kir said...

Kari-
The pre-movie "points of interest" that you shared with me on my way out the door to see the show with my fun and funny friends were very helpful, and I must say that I would've given you the very same "points of interest" if I had seen the movie before you did! The very first bio lab scene--I was thinking he was going to vomit, but another theory could be IBS?? I don't know where Jasper was supposed to be, but his surprised/bewildered/befuddled/high-eyebrowed look, did not give off the "comforting" vibe that I thought he was supposed to bring to the table. I did like Alice's hair and I thought Esme was warm and nice (yes, I do know all the names), but Shark Boy needed some grooming, in my humble opinion...
My very favorite part, though, was Bella coming down the stairs for the prom in her formal with leggings, a Chuck Taylor, and a giant broken leg boot, because seated right next to me was my dear Miss Amber, sporting her very own giant broken foot boot (her broken foot is not giant, but the black boot that goes up to her knee is, well, a giant black boot)!! If only Amber had worn her formal, she so could have won some sort of sweet prize--good stuff!!
--xoxo-Kir

yennu said...

I couldn't agree more with your comments girls. Well said! I can't wait for the 2nd SNL Twilight movie. A vampire comedy/love story what else could you ask for.

Holly Beaird said...

The more that people get obsessed with this whole "twilight movement" the more embarassed I am to admit I'm a fan. Bottom line...I thought the movie was fun and entertaining. I wasn't expecting much though because the movies are never as good as the books. I actually thought it was funny and laughed out loud in parts (Jaspers facial expressions), although I'm not sure if they meant it to be such a comedy...

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I thought I was the only person on the planet who didn't like that movie! I agree whole heartedly, except I didn't even like the music!