Thursday, November 6, 2008

Needed...just a little self control

The problem is -I love these stupid things. These sugar filled, artificially flavored, bad after taste producing things. NIBS....ugh, I'm feeling the gut effects/affects (another tricky word I can admit I don't exactly know the secret to which spelling goes with which usage) of yet another...hit. You see, I'm feeling like an addict. I am going nuts here. This is bag 3 in the last ...almost....maybe...2 weeks??? I've stopped counting. All I know is that I go to Target, head to the end zone and find the prize, oh and it's there every time. I really need to stop. It's totally counter balancing my workout in the morning. I'm cancelling myself out, and I get mild heartburn to boot...WHY??? I know why, because they're so good. When about 6 nibs are stuck together and I throw caution to the wind and eat them all in one bite instead of breaking them up.....mmmmm, love it. I'm nervous that I'm walking a fine line though on my addiction. I know one day soon, I'll OD and the love will be gone. That's totally what happened in the 6th grade with Sun chips. Remember when they took a chance on creating a semi-healthy potato chip and got Sun chips. Well, my brother and I couldn't get enough of those bad boys. Couldn't get enough that we siblings began genuine battles over the bags my mom would buy. To end the bloodshed, my mom bought us each our own individual bag. I remember eating chip after miserable chip until....I couldn't stomach looking at them. To this day, if I even see/smell Sun chips a little bit of throw -up makes its way up the throat canal.
Fast forward to my NIBS! I'm on bag 3....Hello, and there's no sign of stopping. Every night after dinner I have to just have a "few." The next thing I know.....the mother load of NIBS chunks falls out onto the counter and I'm screwed. So please, how do I get a grip on this addiction. If it means by-passing Target, no deal.


5 comments:

erin said...

Take your friend with you to Target next time that doesn't like NIBS oh so much (that'd be me!!) But keep me away from Dreyers cookie dough ice cream, that's where I lose all self control. Oh and tillamook peanut butter chocolate ice cream...oh what the heck...most ice cream!!!!

kir said...

Twizzlers make me very happy- I love the way they taste so fruity (or is it juicy?)...they do taste fruity and juicy, and so sorry, kiddo, but Kari and Nibs just go together and that's just the way it's always been...
You know you love them and I don't know how to make you stop, and c'mon, do you really want to? (I sound like the little devil Kari with the horns and pitchfork on your shoulder while the angel Kari is on the other shoulder strumming the harp and shaking her head with the shiny halo on top--it does make a grand visual)...
-xoxo-Kir

Heather said...

Sorry, can't help here - my downfall are m&m's. :)

Such a funny post. :)

~Heather

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm always looking for a gluten free snack to become addicted to.

Cassie Jensen said...

I never knew we shared a deep-seeded love for the Nibs. Honestly- there is no viable way to stop once they have been purchased and are in-hand. You could take a lead from frugal/cheap me and remember how many Nibs purchases it will take to buy that beautiful kitchen faucet you want. Does that help?