Monday, November 24, 2008

Week/end review..thankful edition


I am one thankful gal. It's a gorgeous day outside and there isn't a rain cloud in sight. Everything is always better when the sun is shining.
Today has been jam packed already. First order of business: Attend Cole's Thanksgiving feast at preschool. I felt like a lame-o mom when someone's super cool mom made these festive and delicious Oreo turkey thingys. It didn't even cross my mind...oh well? At least I made the effort to find his "chicken fingers" shirt- because ..."it was going to be a feast and we'o going to eat small chickens." I did however bring a so almost 2 year old brother who screamed the entire way out of the preschool when it was time to put the cars down and leave. -It was awesome.
I had a great weekend. You know those kind of weekends where you actually get to do something fun for yourself?! Yea, I had one of those.
TWILIGHT: It kicked off Friday night with a 10:30 AT NIGHT viewing of "Twilight." Now here's the deal, I'm not a stayer upper at night person. I 'd call it a night at 8:00 if I could. So 10:30 was un heard of for me. I took into consideration the fact that Kyle would never go with me in a zillion years and I wouldn't go see it unless it was with another group so this was my one and only chance. I have read the books, Twilight being my favorite. I've NEVER been obsessed with them or the characters and have NEVER had an in depth conversation concerning the themes or whatever. I was just curious to see how close the movie would follow the book...that's all. In fact, I'm still plowing through the last one......seriously, I've already read almost 600 pages....let's end this puppy. As I stood in line at the theater along with hoards of tweens and teens I silently mocked those in Edward vs. Jacob t-shirts and avoided the ginormous Pepsi that the Vampire obsessed teen in front of me couldn't manage to hold. Now, why was I standing in line at 10:00 p.m. again? REVIEW: It kinda seemed to me like a high school tech ed. production. Waaaaay to much vampire make-up, crusty red lips, bad writing, bad acting, and ah man....Bella and all her painful angst was just about enough for me. I did enjoy the baseball scene, the tree climbing was kinda cool and the music was good. So for me, I saw and it and I'm done. Now if you were one of my beehives you've seen it twice already and are going again this week? Who pays for these trips to the theater? I already splurged a whopping $9.50 for this high school production.
TEMPLE: A beautiful family in our ward were sealed together on Saturday and Kyle and I were able to go. Such a cool experience. I thought I'd be flying solo all week and at the last minute it worked out so that Kyle came too. Always refreshing to go to the temple, especially on a sunny fall afternoon.
SUNDAY: Just a good day at church. I miss the Primary...really miss the primary. That will take some getting used to. My beehives are darling and I'm thankful I'll be working with them. Had fun friends over for hot cocoa and scones and just enjoyed my boys.
So it brings me back to today. My cute friend Angie took my boys pictures today...another "to do" checked off the list. She's good and I'm anxious to share. So now, Brody is asleep, Cole is watching "Mickey's Once upon a Christmas for the 3rd time today (is that bad?) and Jack is out riding his bike with the neighbor kid. I'm having quiet computer time and all is well in the world!

No comments: