Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week/end review...

You know, I'm actually looking forward to starting another week tomorrow. It's been quite a long 7 days around here and frankly, I'm ready to start anew! Big plans for the week include: running, the grocery store, the bank, preschool thanksgiving dinner, soup party, parent/teacher conferences, Costco, and the grocery store again.


Family rundown:
Jack is such a good kid. Lately he's been mastering the art of the "eye roll" which I, being his mother cannot stand. Therefore, a "No eye roll" policy has been implemented in this house. He's working hard at this new policy. He did in fact use his eyes for sweet reasons today during primary. As I was given lovely flowers and a giant card signed by the entire primary (because I was released) I looked at my oh so sensitive Jack as he wiped away tears...no rolling to be seen. Just sweet 6 year old tears, love this kid.


Cole is still reeling from the fact that not every meal includes dessert at the end. He's also reading like a 4 year old All star and it's so fun to hear. Today during sac. meeting he followed the words of the hymn with his cute little finger and sang along with me. It's a winning combination...can't pronounce R's and a tad bit off key!



This so almost 2 year old thinks everything is "fuh-nee" lately, especially the little things he's accomplishing around here. For instance, coloring in my dishwasher, emptying out-oh say, 173 wipes, smearing A&D ointment all over his new outfit for the day...right before we were to walk out the door. Do you realize just how stinky A&D ointment is? Prancin on over to the fridge...gettin himself a yogurt and then deciding that on the light beige rug would be a great place to open the lid. Ya know, just little things like that...Hilarious!


My 4th child-The HOUSE:

It's coming along. This is the underground radiant heating for our stained concrete floors.

This is the wonderful slab that was poured on Friday. My house will sit atop this beauty.


Saturday was a work party at our house. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that Kyle has such a supportive, capable, and helpful family. His brothers and dad are always the biggest help. All I have to do is bring lunch...good gig huh! The framer is scheduled to start a week from tomorrow....can you hardly wait for pictures?!



Smiling Thomas men in fantastic mismatched "work clothes."


And finally, it was a bittersweet day for me. I was released today from my calling, my favorite calling in the whole entire world...Primary chorister. I have had this calling off and on in all 3 wards I have been in since we got married. A total of almost 5 years and 4 programs later...I am done once again. I'm tired though and I know change is good. I'm sad because I love primary music...love love love it. To me, nothing else brings the spirit closer than through singing. I adored watching my boys in the front two rows, teaching the gospel through music, and sharing the piano bench with my favorite (and most talented-a fabulous pianist makes all the difference) pianist...Erin, who also got released. It was all or nothing! My sweet friend Carole bought us roses...how cool was that. Just thoughtful,wonderful ladies who I thoroughly loved working with. So now I'm switching gears to the Beehives. The lovely, giggly, happy/sad/happy/sad world of tweens!
So there you have it..bring on the new week!












5 comments:

erin said...

Again, tears of sadness for the fact that we won't be bench buddies weekly after reading your post. We just need to let the gospel doctrine teacher know in advance that we have one hour in sunday school to catch up on the week's happenings before going our seperate ways to YW and RS (can I ease back into that one??) And the flowers were amazing weren't they? Gosh I love my girlfriends! What will I do when your house is finally done???

Amy said...

Reading the post about your release, I was thinking, "YW, YW, YW!" Oh, those Beehives are lucky girls to have you in all your wonderfulness. I'm wondering how long it will take you to utter the words, "I wasn't this much of a spaz when I was 12, was I?"

Emily Kern said...

I have also loved being the primary chorister, and I know we are not supposed to do it, but I aspire to being it again someday! I would love to hear how your no eye rolling policy is going in the future. We have a BIT of that going on here, and I also hate it. I love reading about your boys and am so impressed with that slab!

Alison said...

Primary chorister is a cool calling for sure. Beehives will be fun too though. You'll do great!
I'm making my blog private soon. Just email me and I'll send you an invitation. alison at rcn dot com

kir said...

Well hello, GC--you are a fabulous Primary chorister and someday when I am released from my present RS calling, I would not be opposed to being the Primary music lady, although of the 2 Madsen sisters, Kthom definitely got the voice!! Job well done, Kari!! And remind Mr. Jack that if he rolls his eyes too much, they may get stuck back there and that is not a good thing at all (if you can believe it, eye-rolling has occasionally reared it's ugly head around here, hmm...). Have a great day!!
-xoxo-Kir