Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A few little tips worth sharing

Fish sticks in general should be banned in my opinion. But for some crazy reason lately...the whole Thomas gang has been enjoying them. I- being the sole purchaser of food for all the fellas, get to decide which fish sticks will be bought . I'm a little leary of exactly what type of "fish" is actually in a "fish stick." I usually just forget it and take a bite as to always be the shining beacon of etiquette to my boys. I'm walking down the isles the other day and spotted these....the name intrigued me....."Crisp AND healthy!" Could it be? Is there such a thing? Should I try them? I decided that nothing could be better than a crisp AND healthy fish stick and purchased the box.
LITTLE TIP: Don't do it, learn from me, "Crisp" shouldn't be used anywhere in the name description, don't bother, run far far away! I have found that few things are better in the "light" or "healthy" version... thus all things in moderation for yours truly. Stick to the real deal when dealing with:
Peanut butter
butter
syrup
FISH STICKS
mayonnaise
salad dressing (at least Ranch)

TIP:
Now these little beauties will make the icky mystery fishy taste from lunch simply disappear. They are only in stores during the holidays and might I suggest you run really fast and buy numerous boxes to enjoy throughout this season. Run right past the frozen Van de Kamps and hit the blessed Keebler section.

Jack's tree decorating tip: " I love decorating in sections, so everything has its own..ya know, place on the tree."

Mom's decorating tip: " Hey honey, I can't find the tree top and the Mickey lights aren't working...grrrrr, don't waste your time setting it up, I haven't the foggiest idea as to where it could be....!!
"Wow, that looks fantastic!"

4 comments:

Amy said...

Your ornament sections look similar to ours. All clumped on the bottom, front of the tree.

I'd also add Cheerios to that list of only buy the name-brand. I hope you find your tree top! Take heart, it's only December 2nd.

Emily Kern said...

Our ornament cluster is at the top. Ben had to lift the kids up so "Jeff and Madge wouldn't get them." It used to take all of my massive amounts of willpower to not move the ornaments, but now I like the kidness of it.

Thanks for the grocery tips. I will be sure to STEAR (ha ha) clear of the fish sticks, but I don't know...how do you new-fangled cookies stack up to my trusty grasshoppers?

kir said...

Kari,
First off, I'm smiling to myself thinking of Emily K. and her Madge...love it!!
You get the super-adventurous mom award for even trying the fish sticks! I'm not a real (or pseudo-real) fishy girl and I think I am becoming even less so with age. Oh well, I will absolutely take the crisp/healthy tip from you, and thanks!! I have wondered about just what those Keebler elves have been up to with the minty box, so maybe we will have to give those tasty treats a try...
As far as ornament placement, my beloved wooden candy canes and swirly peppermints are either on the ground or at the top of the tree and that's just how we roll (completely by default)-perhaps next year it can be "balanced," yes, we'll just keep thinking positive...
--xoxo-Kir

happychow said...

Kari, you are the devil.

I mean this in only the nicest possible way. Seeing your recommendation for the delicious Keebler morsels of mintiness was enough to elicit a salivatory response- so upon my discovery of them today in Target, I purchased a box.

As though I needed another tasty thing to purchase at Target, along with my Butter Toffee popcorn, Soft Peanut Butter cookies and Mini- York peppermint patties. Yeah, it was one of THOSE days...

If I have to be rolled out of my house within the year, I will conclude that it was ultimately YOUR COOKIES that threw me over the edge. Too tasty. Too tempting.

THANKS.

AOJ