Saturday, February 14, 2009

Red and white ...love and mush



I really do enjoy Valentines Day. Kyle is not a huge participant per say, so when I say I enjoy it, it's because of my cute boys. They were thrilled this morning when they woke up to a table set with their own individual bowl thingy of Lucky Charms, and a big fat heart full of skittles to eat at an unspecified later date. Heart shape toast with raspberry jam and pink milk.....mom did good.







Then it was off to the church for our primary service Valentine party. We decorated cookies and made valentines to take to a local old folks home. All went well till kids started playing tag. My kids aren't aloud to play tag....at least in the middle of a primary activity. If we are there to decorate cookies and make valentines, that's what we do. I've never been a big fan of "hey my kids can run wild cause we're in the gym" -pretty much drives this mom bonkers. Anyhoo, Jack was only put out for a little bit and then got over it. Look at him sitting on that stage...just wishing he could join in the mayhem....obedience makes me LOVE him even more.


We then headed to the senior center and passed out cookies and valentines. I led the kids in some lovey songs with lovey motions to go along and it was a big hit. Such a fun activity that hopefully we'll do again soon.


The love continued at the grocery store...I just so happened to still have my camera in my purse for documentation. There wasn't a single escape attempt today, imagine that.





And then off to grandma's for lunch. My sweet mother in law hosts us for lunch every Saturday while Kyle is building the house in this blasted cold weather. Our new house is just down the road so Kyle and his fantastic helping team (uncle Mark and grandpa Larry) come and meet us in the warm house for a delish meal. It's is so thoughtful and helpful and today was especially good.
I love my Kyle
I love my boys
I love my in-laws
I love my brother in law Mark that comes and helps Kyle every Saturday
I love my sister in law Lorri that willingly lets him
I love when children nap or draw quietly so I can blog
I love that dinner is already waiting in the fridge..thankyou Papa Murphys heart shaped pizza, and dessert in the freezer...thankyou gramma Peggy and that amazing looking heart shaped ice cream cake
I love that I bought popsicles because a cold is brewing in my head and a rootbeer popsicle sounds just about right!




2 comments:

kir said...

Hey- the rootbeer popsicle reference could've made it onto your "Kari Top Ten" tidbits!! I love the Thomas Valentine festivities, and what a great Primary activity! Of Course, kudos to the mother of the Thomas boys for teaching them the value of not being complete spazzes--there is absolutely a time and a place for complete spazziness, but not a church. I guess if it was a "be a spazz" activity, that would be another thing...

Thomas family said...

You are a great Mom! Cute breakfast!