Monday, February 23, 2009

Pity party has ended..wahoo!

I have so appreciated the loving thoughts, well wishes, prayers and concern all on my behalf, thankyou. It really does help to know I have such wonderful friends. I'm feeling good for the most part. I have so much to be thankful for that it seems really lame to think, 'wo is me. I'm still very concerned but feel upliftded and optimistic. Tums are still my best friend however stairs are not.. but that's o.k. I've decided to think positive cause frankly that's all I can do. Who knows the path this little dollhead will take to get here and when exactly that will be? In the meantime, I'll be ready with stripey tights, mary janes, and big giant flower headbands.


So on to other things. I have a concern about my mental state as of late. When I enter the grocery store I usually have a plan and a list. I don't know what it is but the past 2 visits (in the span of about 6 days-ouch) have produced this:

-gigantor chocolate milk replacement +gigantor HEAVY whip cream. And the sad thing is- I can find uses for both on a daily basis.
-2 jumbo Ketchups?
-3 bags of Fritos? I know they were on sale but...Fritos....3?
-4 bags of Parmesan cheese. I love cheese but 4?
Now what's boggling my mind is that I had a list both times and I know none of these items made that cut. That's me, a loony lady with plenty 'o ketchup, fritos, heavy cream and cheese...mmm!
Very exciting recent events:
Jack
-had his first official day of 1/2 grade swimming for school. Came home wearing another boy's jeans and missing his socks. I can't wait for tomorrow.
Cole-Informed me after prayers tonight that "scuva divos are people who bweath undowato with tanks to get fish to put in dentist offices so they can give them as gifts fo otho people."
Brody- He's just cute, and naughty, and a handful, and darling. He's singing songs from nursery and stealing Popsicles from the freezer.
Kyle-works on house
Kari-made my grumpy mia-maids toss a hot potato bean bag for a good 2 minutes coming up with everything they could think of that made them happy....I enjoyed it.
So there you go, I wish I was more exciting than that but that's whatta got. I do happen to have 10 more tidbits just dying to make their appearance so stay on the edge of your seats for those!

-Oh and by the way, are you loving Jack's original and oh so clever costume for Mr. Incredible's "old" blue suit and his turned out feet? He made me proud.

8 comments:

Cassie Jensen said...

I believe there is a proven link between heavy cream, fritos and a happy outlook. Don't be so hard on yourself! Pregnant brain is a real thing- I'm glad we got to visit. Our prayers are with you, our happy thoughts are with you and you just have to let me know, and I'll be with you, too! Enjoy the cheese! Love you!

Cassie Jensen said...

And I must add- hooray for me for having your 1st comment for the first time!! I consider it an honor-

libbie said...

I can ALWAYS find use for chocolate milk and fritos. Especially when heavy with child. I think it is an absolute must! How else would I gain 40 plus pounds every time!!!

Veri Veri Teryaki is located in the asian section of Walmart. . .. and I am sure many other grocery stores! Its delightful!

Stephanie said...

Kari,
To answer your question. I had an "abnormally large" uterus EARLY on in pregnancy (apparently an indicator) as well as a later blood test that indicated DS. My ultrasounds did not support the diagnosis, but they enrolled me in a study anyway. The result, lots of worry for us. I'm glad that you are feeling more peace about the situation. You are in my prayers. And by the waY, I think a pregnant woman should eat whatever she wants. Lots of love!

jessica said...

Just so you know you were totally allowed to have a pity party. And thanks for inviting all of us! Sharing the real personal stuff is hard but I always feel better after I put it out there.

The measure of a good pity party is how quickly the guest of honor returns back to her happy self. You clearly have girded up your loins and by doing so you show such great faith and strength.

And in my experience there is nothing like a cold tall glass of chocolate milk to turn my mood around.

Emily Kern said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little more like our chipper Kari, and I am glad that you have plenty of cream and parmesan...you can make a delish homemade alfredo sauce and eat it with your fingers, or you could dip fritos in it, whichever you prefer! Have a great day!

kir said...

Ooh-fritos in the alfredo-y parmesan sauce--nice thinking there, Emily K!!
I love Captain Jack, and the blue "old school" super suit with the turned out feet just serves to reaffirm that auntish (sounds better if you pronounce it "awe-ntish") affection...
xoxo-Kir

Lesley said...

Kari, it's Lesley (Mickelsen) Huff hi! just wanted to say congrats on a sweet new baby girl on the way!!! I am very excited for you! It's kinda fun getting those stripy tights and headbands! Look out for the drama though. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that everything goes well. As for the food, food storage right?! Good luck with everything and congrats!