Tuesday, February 10, 2009

101st post

In honor of my 100th post I decided to follow the crowd. I've seen on different blogs how the blogee shares 100 things about themselves. O.k, 100 things is A lot of information. I tried to spice things up a bit and narrow down my list of 100 into groups of 10. That's right, 10 groups of 10 amazingly insightful things about yours truly. If you want out now...here's your chance.

I sat and thought about you, my loyal friends, and how your level of excitement may not equal mine. However, I got a really good #11 for today! So please take a walk down memory lane with me, starting with:

10 random things from Elementary school:
1. First friend I sat by in 1st grade was named Zari....like Kari...what are the chances.
2.Voted "best dressed" in 4th grade. Really wanted "Cleanest desk."
3.Loved all my teachers in every grade.
4. 5th grade teacher was my favorite...she used to be a model and had the prettiest painted nails and hands.
5.Was the "Hoop Shoot" (free throw) champ in 3rd and 4th grade.
6. Lost my touch in 5th.
7. Redeemed myself as the "Wall Ball" champ in 5th.
8. Had a principal who reminded me of John Wayne...tall, muscular, tan, and so cool with all his rings and bracelets.
9.Broke my leg in 2nd grade and was mortified to have my desk "lifted" so my giant cast could fit underneath.
10. Read Beverly Cleary books over and over again and still love them to this day.

O.k. so that's my 10 for today. As for #11..........

This is Jack...my first born. If it's hard to read exactly how he's feeling... I'll help, not too thrilled. You see, his loving father and I had some very exciting (and quite surprising) news to share with the boys. I thought, hey why don't I wrap up a picture of this "present" and let the boys unwrap it. Won't that be so cute. I have now learned that the word "present" means a whole lotta something different ie:video games and wii paraphernalia- to a 4 and 6 year old boy. Needless to say, an ultrasound picture of their future sibling was a big bust. They all have come to their senses and realized there will be no Wii ANYTHING in their future. However, there will be a whole lotta opportunities to ....help Mom with a happy attitude! So there you go....that's my big fat news. July 26 is the estimated arrival time. We'll find out next month if we're going 4 for 4 on the boy front. I honestly don't care....I'm totally cool either way.This little surprise couldn't come at a more convenient and pristine time...sell my house, pack my house, birth child, move into new house, transfer kids to new school.....whew! July will be an insanely busy month. Pretty cool present though!!!!

Next up: 10 random things from middle school. Are you on the edge of your seats?

11 comments:

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

WOW! Congrats! I'm so excited for you and that picture of Jack is TOTALLY priceless. Ha, you must never lose that picture, hilarious. And would definetly be the reaction from my boys. What no game. Man.

Emily Kern said...

Congratulations! I am sure that your new little bundle will in the long run be much more fun and engaging than the blessed wii bundle from costco, even if they are somewhat disappointed now! I love the random tidbits! That era of your life is pre-Emily and I am happy to have a little glimpse! Hope you are feeling well! ps--just for fun I looked up how many posts I have done, I am a real loser. I am still in the 50s. I need to get on the stick.

Kristin said...

Congrats on the new little Thomas. Each family usually gets one girl, so it might be your time if not you make cute boys.

kir said...

I'm so on the edge of my seat for "Kari: The Middle School Years"!! I love the tidbits, and must admit, as your sister I am right there with you on that memory lane. Why did I not put Mr. Shopbell up there with John Wayne? I should have, good call!!
I also remember your fierce wall ball skills, and was bummed that I was in Middle School, and could not witness your amazing athletic feat for myself!! Still proud of you, sis...
As for the "present," when we told the kids about #5, they thought we were getting a really big pet, like an elephant (actually, the "an elephant" is a direct quote)--really guys? We love cousins, boy cousins, girl cousins, they're all fantastic!!
-xoxo-Kir

libbie said...

best dressed huh? that is a huge feat. i would have never fit into that category with all of my older sisters hand me downs! AND . . . congrats! thats awesome. i have come to terms that i will probly have all girls. i guess if you have another boy, you know what to expect!

can't wait for the middle school revelations! i'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for post 102!

Heather said...

Loved the post...love that you are a mommy and raising such sweet kids, Congrats on the coming addition! ~Heather

Thomas family said...

We are so excited for you! Congrats!!

Amy said...

WAHOOO! I'm so excited for you! That's great news, my friend. My internet has been busted for the past two days, so I'm just now getting to my 96 blog posts to read. Love and mush to you! Amy

GrandmaPeggy said...

I love to read your blog and we, the grandparents, are very happy about the news. You do such a great job with the boys and we love them and are happy to have additional children added, they are a blessing.
We think that this is the BEST gift, therefore we see the blessings go up not down the age chain.

Amberly said...

Congratulations. And I love the start of your 100 things.

Stephanie said...

Apparently I missed this post where you first announced the pregnancy. Congratulations! Oooh, July. Wish I was closer to be some sort of useful to you.