Monday, February 2, 2009

House update...boring to some...thrilling for me!


So FINALLY, my infamous circle window was installed this weekend. I'm amused by the smallest things...for example.....a circle window in my mud/laundry room. Today and tomorrow, all other windows will be set and the framer said Wed. he will be done! Thursday the roofer starts!!

Just a little shout out to Kyle...the man of thee hour or shall I say H-O-U-R-S. He goes from a 10 hour day at work and then spends 2-4 hours each night on the house. AND when he cuts himself....he doesn't use band aids!! Yea, I know! I'm so thankful that he is so handy and capable and just all around awesome. I see him so infrequently lately...single parenting stinks.







Her backside- -HVAC/air units -fireplace







My tub will sit here, and I will sit in it!






THE WINDOW!




She's coming together quite nicely if I do say so myself.





6 comments:

Amy said...

Thrilling for me, too! It totally looks like a house! My Grandparents had their home built down on Sumac Drive on the "Island" in Logan. There was NOTHING down there, and they took tons of pictures of the progress. It's amazing that every tree and bush and blade of grass was planted by my Grandparents! Sadly, they have to sell it because my grandma can't take care of it on her own.

Thomas family said...

I love it, very exciting! I am thankful everyday by the way the Thomas men raised their boys, They can do it all! Great job Kyle!

Julie Murphy said...

Can I send Ron up there for training? I hear you on the single parent stuff...pretty much stinks. The only part I love is when all of them are asleep I can go to my room and forget how messy the house is and watch some mindless television or read a book. Miss you-

libbie said...

I am so excited for your house . . . its like I think I'm gonna be moving in or something! I just love house building. One of these days soon, we are gonna have to build one of our own, but for now, I will live vicariously through yours!

Emily Kern said...

NO BANDAIDS?!?! That is ultra manly, right up there with building his wife such a gorgeous house! It looks great, it is very exciting, especially to me in a dumb tract house in California! I love seeing progress!

kir said...

Good, good stuff--so fun to have windows in the place they belong...