Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Week/end review

We start off with 2 seriously skilled brothers earning their 2nd yellow stripe in their quest for a "black belt on a cool white suit" at Tae Kwon Do. Cole has a killer...toe point that he's forming into a killer kick! This month: orange stripe!










Watched a slew of movies. I'd only recommend "Enchanted." I loved the music and it was just cute, even in a house full of boys. The other 2 were let downs: August Rush, just slow and weird-

I am Legend, eeeuuuwwww, I just didn't enjoy it. Will Smith was very easy on the eyes and is such a great actor but I just don't get into plots that aren't plausible. How is that for deep?




It rained a lot this weekend (shocker) so there wasn't much playing outside or doing much of anything. We took the boys to the Rain Forest Cafe to get the most bang for our buck...food and the zoo in one. We even got a front row seat next to the giant aquarium. Food was way to spendy (1st and only visit) and quite mediocre (another shocker) but the atmosphere was fun and the boys loved it. I'm sure the other patrons appreciated me as I "Oh, excuse me, sorry, can we just squeeze by you, oh sorry about that, hi there, neat gorilla huh?" .... my way through the place with Jack and Cole looking at the animals...just gettin my moneys worth!










And finally, with our oodles of down time we thought we'd just show some brotherly love. Brody is very partial to the "open mouth" sign of affection. We're working on that!
Cute boys, fun week!



























































3 comments:

Cassie Jensen said...

I'm glad you got out of the wet cold to the "Rain"forest! ha. The opened mouth kiss may not be pc but it sure is cute! Congrats on stripe #2! Yeah!

yennu said...

I'm glad to see the Tae Kwon doe
pics with happy, healthy boys. (No Cole upchuck)Looks like fun. Bergen was so sad to miss the snow by one day.

kir said...

Watch out, Daniel LaRusso, the Thom boys are on the move!! Love the pics and appreciate the movie reviews- we are fans of "Enchanted" here!! Have a geat day! -xoxo-Kir