Tuesday, April 22, 2008

For the love of Green!

This being "Earth day," one of my most favorite celebrated days, I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on things that I love that are green! O.k., some are actual things while others take a more round about way of "thinking" green...ahhhh!

#1. Electricity- stay with me, the other night...lost power, had to bust out a puzzle and flash light. Sure wished we had some electricity.

YEA, got it back in 17 minutes...way to go power company that couldn't return my electricity so efficiently unless they were thinking green and unless I had paid my bill using money that is ....green! Note: Jack's shirt, unintentional use of green, big fan of the color as well.


# 2 -We are big fans of Ninja turtles. Now I know that these action figyos from Cole's b-day aren't green, but just another example of our devotion.
#3 Brody in his striped green shirt- The mouth in waiting was for ice-cream. Even at almost 17 months he realizes the importance of "earth day" appropriate attire.

Other loved honorable mentions:
Avacadoes
Limes
Andes mints
the color of my house
grass
jewelry
my sister's green cupboards
mouthwash
new sweater
the list is endless!! So thankyou 'earth day" 2008 for reminding me of all the beautiful GREEN things in my life !!



Totally off the subject: Small town graffiti I can appreciate, right down the street !

















7 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

That was a fun post! I love the expressions on the boys faces in the first two. They make me smile!

Emily Kern said...

Way to go green. It is so in right now. I do love the "tag". I'd like to stop him too! What clever hoodlums there must be in good ol' Enumclaw!

Cassie Jensen said...

Too bad the black out wasn't on Earth day- it would have been very "green chic"! And I would have loved to see you turn around for your camera, to walk back up the street to get that pic! Nice!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Kari - this is Laurel from high school. I found you through Emily. I LOVE your boys buzz cuts - so cute. Glad you're doing well. You've always made me giggle.

Shannon said...

Very clever green post. I'd like to add green jello and green baby footsie jammies to your list.

yennu said...

I'm thankful for cilantro, spinach, and creamy lime dressing -Cafe Rio anyone!! yum, yum. Cute boys.

kir said...

It's so not easy being green, but I love your list- and the mention of my green cupboards (big green fun and so thankful they turned out...)and limes on the same list-good stuff!!
-xoxo-Kir
ps-great pics and special turtle message for Mr. Jack-"come out of your shell"