Monday, April 14, 2008

last week's low down

The sweetest kid in town finally turned 4! It had been a l-o-n-g waiting process, he was so done with 3. Had a fantastic bash with 4 of his buddies. Played an action packed game of "drop the marshmallow into the jar" ( big hit) received cool stuff ie: Ninja turtle bad guys, a spiderman flippy car thingy, Nerf turbo gun, rocket launcher thingy, and a new Batman action figyo! SWEET!



Went to the beach with our buddies to: Collect shells and 84 heavy rocks, eat sand, pick barnacles off the piers and place in mouth (o.k. only Brody did that) , touch random wet dogs who were roaming a little too freely (against his mother's better judgement-but felt silly and "anti dog" when owner returned and wanted to let the baby "touch the doggie"...uck!)

And to : learn the ways of the force with our new bubble wands. Which do by the way, each contain a very pleasant fragrance...surprise :) Oh, and they do make cool bubbles as well.

-lawn got mowed
-cars got washed
-family bike/walk to the park
-made Jack's "citizen of the week" posters
-all male members of the family got haircuts
-went to Costco, purchased too much chicken and now I have it coming out of my ears
-had our first official bbq in the backyard
-only left sac.mtg. twice with Brody...improvement
-my own personal dog-n-pony show otherwise known as "singing time" in primary went off w/out a hitch
-FHE at the in-laws, such a nice way to end a Sunday
Overall, a pretty darn good week. Now if I could just think of something else to do with chicken?? Ideas?




















5 comments:

Amy said...

Bubble swords? Cool! I love Cole's cute little hand holding up his four fingers. Too cute. Hey, nice job on the "star" cake! I've got some favorite chicken recipes. Have you got a current e-mail? Let me know what it is and I'll send you some.

Cassie Jensen said...

It seems like we live way more than 20 minutes away! How time flies- and we all just get busier. Hope we can get together soon. And I still need to know if you guys have the dvd player in the car- Cole's gift is still sitting here! I will definately be calling with the "boy party" ideas some day- looks like they all had so much fun!

Emily Kern said...

Sounds like fun! We used to play drop the clothespins in the jar. Marshmallows were a BIG luxury. Which beach do you go to? Sounds like a very fun week. If I ever did anything fun I might have something to post with my new camera. All my life is about today is folding the 8 loads of laundry I washed yesterday. How boring is that?!

kir said...

Fab recap-I do love the rain boots ("Ooh, order me some yellow boots-I'll look like the Morton's Salt girl..."-I know you can name the show...)
There is a good Becky Higgins Chicken Farfalle recipe on her website- Curtis digs it and you may dig it, too...
Have a great day!!
-xoxo-Kir

Shannon said...

How fun that you found our blog! Derek is amazed how many old friends we find through blogging.

By the way we do have a new favorite dinner with chicken. I put a few boneless pieces in the slow cooker with some pineapple juice and soy sauce. Then shred it up and make Hawaiian Haystacks. Jasmine rice, chicken, and cut up raw veggies: celery, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, sweet peppers, what ever. Sometimes I make a sauce with the juice left over or we just add a little soy sauce and crunchy Chinese noodles. They boys love the chicken and rice and will sometimes surprise us by trying the veggies too.