Friday, April 18, 2008

I took it...the cardio challenge that is!

I thoroughly enjoy working out. I also thoroughly enjoy eating, so my working out to eating ratio has to favor a lot of cardio. I've been doing my own routine at home with my treadmill and other stuff for a while now but I was getting bored. I finally took the plunge and joined our humble little fitness center in town to spice things up a bit. Yesterday I did the "muscle flex" class complete with weights, squats, push-ups...the whole shabang..LOVED IT, just what I wanted. Today, I thought I'd try, "cardio challenge" O.k., I'm one of those people who like to be on key when singing- on beat when dancing-I've got rhythm...at least I thought I did.
Lots of nice ladies in very tight pants did the mambo slide, shimmy shimmy shake, rocking horse, and my personal favorite...spank the pony...to perfection as I spun around aimlessly (ON BEAT ) , just not at the right time! GRRRR, so frustrating. I hate not knowing what is going on. I remember on 2 occasions in my life I tried snow skiing. Same thing each time. I'm not retarted, I have balance and control, but when it came time to plop on a pair of skiis...it was a no go. Especially since I was wearing jeans (fantastic mental picture) and once I fell in those puppies, the day was shot. It was however a lovely view from the lodge and the hot cocoa was tasty.
Anyhoo, I'm just saying that I felt like a shmoe, doing the mambo slide with a leg kick to the left while the enitre class mambo/shimmy shaked to the right. The poor lady with the hat on to my left had to have been rolling her eyes ..however, her hat was so low, I don't think she could have even seen my moves..no worries.
Plus, word to the wise: Do not eat "maple and brown suagr" oatmeal before class. I HATE when I smell maple syrup on kids (especially mine) long after the actual eating of pancakes and brushing! So why I thought I could rocking horse, shimmy shake, and spank the pony, for an hour without smelling "maple" on myself is beyond me.

6 comments:

Cassie Jensen said...

All I need to say is... where are the pictures!?! I'm sure you'll find some fun uses for the spank the pony! Glad to hear you're trying new things, though. (Or was all of that really considered "new" in 1986?) Cardio on!!!

Emily Kern said...

I too would like to see some pictures or preferably a video. Way to shake things up!

Angie Penrose said...

tee,hee...spank the pony! WoW! Have fun at the gym!

yennu said...

Shake that "booty"!! There is nothing like an aerobics class to make you feel like a lean, mean, dancing machine:) When is the next try out for "So you think you can dance" I'll be watching for sure.

kir said...

spank the pony-really?...
-xoxo-kir

Tfamily said...

I was with Kari at the "muscle flex" class and can I tell you what a toughie she is. I set up her bench giving her the basic medium set up of weights and they weren't even close to being enough. Even the instructor came back and gave her his dumbells because she needed heavier weights. I forgot that having 3 boys, toting them around makes you tough. All I know is that I want to be with Kari if we are accosted in a dark alley.