Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Priorities

Brody is asleep.
Cole is at a buddies house.
Jack is at school.

I am leaving tomorrow to spend a SAweet weekend in Utah with my mom and sister...the 2 greatest ladies in the universe. We have never done this before and I am totally excited. I have tons to do and a quiet house, yet what am I doing ...reading my blogs and daily news. Ugh, the self control I lack.

However, I have:
-laundered all clothing and then some
-stalked fridge and pantry with the usual needed items and then some (eat treats and be happy fellas)
-rented movies for all viewers
-planned dinners out till the dreaded Sunday afternoon , Kyle can come up with something
-arranged the shipment of all Thomas children to dear caretaker's homes while dad is at work and mom is actually on a mini-vacation ALONE.
-Appreciated the fact that my FANTASTIC husband hasn't complained ONCE that I am going and is happy for me. I love him!

So I shall return Monday, refreshed and rejuvenated and hopefully wearing a new pair of shoes or 3!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds like so much fun! And is also sounds like you have been very busy organizing your home so the boys can survive without you. You have thought of everything. Enjoy the mini vacation!

Emily Kern said...

If you can SAwing by and get me, I could be ready in T-minus 15 minutes. I am a really good traveler and don't complain much...sounds like fun, have a great time!

yennu said...

Fun, fun, fun -The SLC needs to wacth out all 3 Madsen ladies together without kids!!! I hope all of you have a great time. All of you deserve a little vacation once in awhile. I'll be waiting to see the pics.

Cassie Jensen said...

Enjoy the weekend! The boys will survive without you (I think that is the hardest thing to accept sometimes). And when you're done "Stalking" the frig, watchout dishwasher- she's coming to getcha! Sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up! Soak up some BYU love for me!

Amy said...

Oh, what a great idea! I need one of those. Girls' weekend!? I'm so impressed with all of your prep-work. Give Kyle an big pat on the back for not complaining - that is a great feat. Have a fantastic time and be sure to check the weather. It's currently snowing out my window. Boo.

Thomas family said...

Your family is so adorable. I made Our little family a blog, It will be great to be more up to date in each others lives.:)