Sunday, May 11, 2008

The week of this mother


First off, I know it's not Halloween, but photos that include me are few and far between (which is FINE ) I'm just sayin that this is what ya get...Spiderman,Venom, the cute pumpkin, and their mother.

So, the last week of my life has been a doozy -not meaning to complain just crazy busy-hence the zero blogging. However, this being Mother's Day and since I am a HUGE fan of my mom and motherhood in general, I thought I'd take a moment to share my thoughts, for they are deep:)


I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mom. I had a fantastic example in my home so I've always longed for that responsibility. I'm so lucky to be the mom of 3 darling little fellas. I adore my children and realize how fortunate I am to have them.


Since I am their mother I GET to:

Take them to church every Sunday..

My ultimate goal each week is to keep the noise level at a minimum. I have one loud talker, a loud whisperer (not to be confused with a horse whisperer) and a 17 month old screamer...bad combination. I also have a goal each week to teach them songs about the gospel, how to wiggle their entire bodies without touching their neighbors, how to wish someone a happy birthday in Norwegian if necessary and to keep their ties to themselves. This was clearly an "after church" photo attempt today but realize that their faces reflect the fact that they LOVED singing time, are sad that it is over, and couldn't be more thrilled to have me as a mother!


Since I am a mother I got to:

Go spend the weekend in Utah with my mom and sister . My sweet husband wished me well and I flew down with my mom to stay at my sister's house and attend a little women's conf. There's not enough hours in the day to do all the things we wanted to do but we came close. I'm so lucky to sincerely enjoy the company of my mom and sister.
*Just a few things about the lovely Jan:
She's the mom that every friend wished they had. She raised 5 kids who all turned out pretty darn great. She didn't miss a game, concert, date, function, meeting of any kind AND she knew everything about us because we wanted her to... she was truly interested. I love that my mom loves my children. They feel special and happy when they are with gramma Jan and I'm thankful for her efforts to watch them when I need her. She can comfort ANY child...seriously the baby whisperer. She plays the piano beautifully, has a fantastic alto voice, and is the most thoughtful person I know. She makes the best chocolate sheet cake in town (without a recipe of course) and always knows how to see the best out of a crappy situation. Her family is her life and she LOVES being a mom. When people say, "You and your mom are SO alike"which I hear often, I take that as the greatest compliment.....I love her.
*O.k. total sidenote- As I re-read my thoughts about my mom, I realized that EVERY word was just as true about my sister....except for the piano part...she can play a mean "Jesus once was a little child" but that's about it. How lucky am I, a fantastic mom and sister!

Since I am a mother I got to: Be told to hold off on "all pictures" until AFTER the game cause he's a little busy. This is the only "action" shot I have, - taken mid sentence.

So I took pictures with Brody instead!


Since I am a mother I got to:

Stay in bed while the father yanked TWO chirping smoke alarms out of the ceilings at 3:24 a.m.

Thanks father!
How lucky I am to be a mother. I wouldn't want it any other way!


6 comments:

Emily Kern said...

What a neat looking new blog! I love being a mother too! You have a family full of cute little guys! Welcome back, I glad you had such a great time!

Thomas family said...

You are truly an amazing writer. I love your blog, you are so great at it. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

Angie Penrose said...

What a neat post Kari! Hope your mothers day was a happy one. You are one of the best moms I know! :)

Amy said...

Kari, Thanks for sharing the thoughts and love of the moms in your life. I LOVE the pictures (especially the post-church one) and the memories that you shared. Great post!

Cassie Jensen said...

Happy Mother's day to a great Mom! You are a great example of enjoying your family- every wit! Thanks for sharing!

kir said...

Great post, Kar! For the record, I can also play "Riding on a Mule" and "Christmas Bells" if you give me a little heads up...I think I may need some sheet cake right about now...
-xoxo- Kir