Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 23 and counting

My life is based on weeks these days and they seem to be flying by. I'm now plugging along at 23 weeks and besides hideous heartburn which requires insane amounts of TUMS smoothies, I am feeling good. I wish I wasn't craving gross stuff like hot dogs and potato salad so frequently. It's the blasted salt. Guess who's making deviled eggs for the first time in her 33 year old life because SHE wants them? Weirdo. I'll see my dr. again on Thursday..it's a good thing we like eachother. So other than tubby me, there's other members of this family who are screaming for a review:



KYLE: Mr. Man came through the other night with a rousing game of "Let's Go Fishin"-a family/cheating favorite. Poor guy never gets a break. If he's home at all he's smothered in any and all attention requests, which is understandable and slightly amusing. The snow storm this weekend was exactly what he needed to keep that chin up on thee 'ole house siding deal. It sure is a slow process when nights are...um, dark, and Saturdays are raining or snowing. The family rejoiced in celebration as he agreed to take Friday night off from the house and take us to dinner instead. I know my chips and salsa were exceptional that night just because he was there.


JACK: It's Spring Break around these parts and that means this guy is home all day. I love and adore him and am thrilled that he is mine, however-it also means that the volume level in my home has just increased 10 fold for the next 7 straight days. Big thrills for last week included driving the tractor with grandpa and receiving 3 birthday party invitations to be held in the next 2 weeks...are you kidding me? Now this week with his loving mother's help- he will master the art of properly blowing his almost 7 year old nose without being asked.


COLE and BRODY: It's getting to be so nice when these two play together...for extended periods of time. Brody talks like a 10 year old so they are really having fun...for the most part. Cole will be the big F-I-V-E next week and no one is more excited than me because....Kyle is taking the night off and it's family party night. If I don't have to make dinner, any night is party night. Cole is a sensitive soul and is trying his best not to cry at something......everyday. He is full on reading now and that makes me so happy. He just figured it out and is totally taking his FULL allotted time each night to read an ENTIRE book OUTLOUD. Needless to say, story time has also been extended for day light savings.
BRODY 's life revolves around fruit snacks, Popsicles, chocolate milk, humming the Indiana Jones theme song note by exact note, and blaming everything on Cole (he learns from the master).

The HOUSE: Our latest addition to the abode is Kyle's barn/shop/storage shed. It's shaped like a barn but it won't be used for animals (not yet anyway). All the tools and equipment he can think of will be stored out here and not in my garage. See, that's where a car should be parked. I've never known this phenomenon in all my life. I'm rather excited about the prospects. Oh and my bathtub was installed. Doesn't it look inviting? It's filled to the brim with ice water to check the plumbing and look for leakage. We're waiting for precious county inspectors to bless us with their presence and pass off our plumbing and electrical so we (ha...we) KYLE, and various hard working helpers can start...sheet rockin! Emphasis on the rockin!










6 comments:

jessica said...

I wish my life revolved around fruit snacks, popsicles and chocolate milk!

Oh and Aric spent Saturday in the garage because he was sick of me complaining about how my car barely fits becausee of his mess.

kir said...

I love that you got a genuine photo of bros #2 and #3 smiling and looking in the direction of the camera at the same time--nice!! If Brody were here, he could go downstairs where my boys were supposed to be building forts and watching our video of "Bug's Life" (we are exclusive basement VCR peeps now)--he could share the mountain of chocolate Teddy Grahams that they helped themselves to from my food storage stash...
And yes, few things in life are as appealing as an ice-water bath, mmm...
-xoxo--Kir

erin said...

The bath is of utmost importance for the Mom who needs to "get away" quickly eh? Very important to have that working properly at all times. And Happy Birthday Mr. Cole! I will need to bring him something to the house (from his primary teacher :-)) since it is GC weekend. I miss you BTW!

Amy said...

Kari,
I am sorry to hear about the heartburn. I think that is my most unfavorite part of being pregnant. Have you ever tried Pepcid complete. They are wonderful for the heartburn. I like the berry flavor better than the mint. You only have to take 1 maybe two a day instead of every few hours. Your family is so cute.

Holly Beaird said...

Week 23 Yeah! Moving right along..that's excellent! Cute pictures of the kids and the house looks great. I've lived in Enumclaw too long because your shop/barn looks awsome to me.

Emily Kern said...

Cars go in garages? Wha??? Actually I am happy to report that ours does fit. It better. We do have a stupid 4 car tandem garage. That just means that it is too skinny to fit both of our big cars in so that leaves me most of one bay for the car, about 1 1/2 bays for our junk and the remaining 1 1/2 for a shrine to the motorcycle.