Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Long over due review

So it's already Tuesday and I'm fighting the feeling to ignore the blog. But I love it so, and for that reason alone I will trudge on with a long over due family review.

Brody continues to be my constant little buddy and shadow. He offers me my towel after a shower, brings me my slippers, and if I train him right, will be making dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Currently his mode of operation: chocolate milk. He literally brings me the chocolate syrup for a glass of the good stuff at all hours. On this special day he took it upon himself to go a little milk crazy, proceed to spill the entire cup, and then just look away. I had no idea of his guilt


Cole conquered his minor fear of large farm animals this week by realizing the total coolness of feeding grandpa's cows from BEHIND a fence. No human nor animal need to come in contact. Just toss in the hay and watch with glee. I was proud of him and he's becoming fast friends with the always hungry black Angus.



I'm realizing that Cole and Brody are wearing the same shirt on different days. Well, when I loved it so much they both got one. Anyhoo-the hard field laborers taking a breather/playing with metal chains- in grandpa's barn.
Jack officially became a "cowboy" on Saturday as he helped grandpa herd in 2 sets of momma/baby cows. I "being one of humble growing rotundness" watched from behind the fence as Jack followed grandpa's directions in how to herd them in. It was the cutest thing to witness. He walked behind them, talked softly and firmly and they literally were going in the right direction. It was a beautiful sight until his sad rubber boots got stuck in 8 inches of cow poo. So stuck that he tried to move and thus pulled his foot right out leaving the little right boot submerged in the stinky stuff. Luckily Aunt Lorri (in flip flops) held him steady till grandpa came and saved the day.







The newest baby born that morning.

He got a "Tommy Boy" style wash down and a new pair of socks and leg warmers from grandma to wear inside his wet pants and he was good for the rest of the day. The cows by the way...went right into their pin after he got stuck. I'm tellin ya, I love this kid and his desire to help his dad and grandpa in whatever they need done. His sincerely asked question of the day, "So grandpa, now that I got stuck in cow poo, am I now a real cowboy?"


The House
Dirt piles a plenty for all to enjoy.




Kyle spent a lot of time these last few weeks installing all the duct work, that my friends is complete. The electrician has been working all week and supposedly will be done on Saturday. Kyle and his faithful helpers started the siding last weekend. He works on that every night after a quick dinner and hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so the siding will be done.


Just a little glimpse into what brand new siding looks like.....oooooh!











I continue to feel happy each day, which isn't a shocker per say. It's just that I'm still so nervous about what's to come in the next few months that I'm continually relieved to feel peace in my heart. I pray each morning for a positive attitude and health and strength for the both of us. I've completely changed my workout routine which is a bummer but worth it a million times over. I purchased my 1st pair of Mary Janes.....small and squishy so they are comfy for a wee babe and get this.......Navy Blue Paten leather....UGH!!! I know!





































7 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I love it! One day I will have to tell you about my very own stuck in poo story, Jack will feel much better. I love the progress you are making on the house! I think the Mary Janes are just the ticket to keeping that little angel all snuggly-buggly and warm on the inside where she belongs!Have a great day!

kir said...

Yes, Jack, you are a real cowboy!! You've got to love the farm life--it must remind you of all the many livestock-related adventures you had as a child...??
I love that G-Ma Peggy had legwarmers on hand (on leg, actually) to save the day with!!
So let me get this straight, with this pregnancy your feet have actually shrunk so much that you got yourself some teensy cutie shoes?? (Sorry, it's getting late here...) Little girl things are just cute and so fun to purchase, that's all there is to it. Love YOU, sis!!
-xoxo-Kir

libbie said...

All those cows remind me of my younger years, growing up on the Reil Compound!

I LOVE seeing updates on the house. So is your hubby basically doing the whole thing by himself? And if so, can I please borrow him in a few years to do mine . . . as my husband is challenged in that area.

Your little girl is going to be ADORABLE with her Mary Janes!

Diana said...

Kari, You are as cute as can be. Love your family. Prayers and best wishes for you and your little bundle of joy.

jessica said...

Every girl needs a pair of Mary Jane's. Just today I saw the cutest pair at Target. They are pink and white. If they had big girl sizes I would have bought a pair for both of my girls!

Your house looks great! I'm so impressed with how handy your husband is.

Emily Kern said...

I am so dense! I thought you bought patenet leather mary janes for YOU as you might need a pair of sensible shoes to keep you comfy and safe! Silly me.

Janeen said...

We shoe junkies need a sanp shot of the Mary Janes"!