Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My FAVORITE birthday gal!!!


Years ago when I was around 10 or so, I had a most unfortunate hair do. It was shoulder length, permed to beat the band, and my bangs started waaaay too far back on my head and literally wrapped around my face like a rainbow or maybe a horseshoe if you will. It was bad. Fantastic Sams was not so fantastic for this gal. I remember being absolutely aware of its offensiveness and prayed each day that it would just grow out or something. It took a long time to recover from that mess.
The reason I bring up this ugly stage in my life was that I remember my older sister Kirsten actually making some snide comment about my "unfortunate do." I don't remember what was actually said and to be perfectly frank... she was totally justified in saying something, it was atrocious. The point was even KIRSTEN joined in the hair free for all...shocking. Now she doesn't remember doing this and that's all well and good. My point in sharing this little sister tidbit is that to this day, in all honesty, that is THEE only semi unkind thing my sister has ever said to me. She is the most genuinely kind person I know and IT'S HER BIRTHDAY!!!!!

So I know I've already posted this picture of my favorite sister during MY birthday weekend extravaganza...but since it's now HER birthday and this is the most current display of sisterly love that I have........ I will display it again because..I can and it's her birthday~~!!!!





I guess we wear a lot of sunglasses.We like sunglasses. We like a lot of similar things. I think that's why we get along so well. Holding family rendezvous down at Disneyland for weeks of Mickey bliss would be high on the list. Calling each other numerous times a day to share something hilarious we just heard on Limbaugh even though we are both listening to the same broadcast. Sharing current favorite recipes our kids would enjoy or laughing about the latest "Psych" episode, you name it, I share it with Kirsten. I have always appreciated the fact that I can call and talk/whine/vent/cry to her anytime I need to and that I always feel better after talking with her. How lucky am I?



So on this special day, March 18th, I want to say Happy Birthday Kirsten, you are truly my favorite in every way!!


Would you believe that 3 cameras were going at once here?




















3 comments:

kir said...

Ok--how fun are you?! Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes, and I do apologize for the so rude comment I made about your hair all those many, many years ago!! And you are correct when you said that I do not recall making those particular remarks--I, of all people, have always had so much room to talk about other people's heads of hair and accompanying hair woes--puh-lease!! It had to have been my deeply seeded envy for the cool bangs you rocked--your hair totally got better and it is lovely each and every time I see you!! Plus, you can absolutely work the straight hair and that is something that much to the chagrin (sp?) of my 3 daughters, I will never be able to do. Oh well, it won't stop Miss Kylie from brushing through my dark brown locks in a grand attempt to straighten--it just looks flat and begs for something, anything to be done to/with it...
I love my sis and I'll be watching for you right around noon...:)

Alison said...

What a funny story! (I think I had a similar "do" in 6th grade and I wish all pictures from that year would just disappear. It was unfortunate!)
Happy Birthday to fabulous cousin Kirsten! =)

Stephanie said...

Aren't sisters the BEST! Your sis is as darling as you are. Happy birthday to her.