Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reasons why #33 was THEE best birthday EVER....

Let's start at the very beginning....a very good place to start. I love having a birthday, that's all there is to it. This past weekend went far and above birthdays of the past so I had to list the reasons why turning 33 was so FANtastic.

We started off the day with:

-Subway picnic in the living room. I controlled my OCD ish desire to pick up every morsel that spilled till the partay was over. I still prefer table eating indoors.
-Receiving so many birthday wishes on Facebook was a hoot. It truly made my day. Thanks to all who took the time to do that..fun for me.









I requested a dinner out with Kyle-alone-and I wanted to be surprised on where we went. After dropping off the boys at my wonderful mother in laws, I drove down to meet Kyle at work. It truly must have been my special day because as I surfed radio stations I found :"Easy Lover" -by Phillip Bailey and Phil Collins..."She's an easy luv-a, she'll take your heart but she won't feel it....she's like no otha, and I'm just tryin to make you see...." So thankyou XM satellite radio for bringing that one down especially for me. Crab cakes, cesar salad, gigantor crab leg, steak, and towering dessert were all consumed on that blessed evening. The man came through with flying colors. Then, like another gift from satellite radio heaven above, "Close to you"-by Karen Carpenter comes on. What are the chances?


The cute cake lovingly made while I dined on everything I laid my eyes upon.



So my mom has been telling me for weeks to plan on the Friday after my birthday for an afternoon together...lunch/shopping, the usual. I obediently obliged her wishes and had my little fellas go elsewhere so I could once again be the top priority. As it turns out, my mom was in cahoots with my sneaky sister, my husband, and my mother in law in rigging up a FANTASTIC SURPRISE SISTER VISIT for ME!

My mom shows up at my door to take me to lunch. She claims she needs to just "freshen up a bit" and proceeds to walk into the kitchen. The door bell rings again and who could it be but this gal..... none other than MY MOST FAVORITE SISTER IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who happens to have 5 children, an incredibly busy life and, oh yea.... lives in UTAH!!! So all along thanks to my wonderful and thoughtful mom, she arranged for Kirsten to fly in Friday morning for my surprise birthday weekend.

The famous "lunch date" with my 2 favorite ladies.








And then my birthday just kept getting better.
In the parking lot of this particular eating establishment I spotted this little beauty (or did he spot me?) Someone seriously drives this truck...do you think he could live in Forks?



More birthday good times with my youngest brother Jens at my mom's house.




You ready for craziness.....my sister in law Jen(far right) had her sister (Jamie) fly up from Utah on the exact same flight as MY sister......who knew??





Oh the birthday cake!






sweaty cousins








Saturday brought more fun lunches that I didn't have to prepare, lazy shopping due to leaving Brody with my wonderful mother in law, and a lot of good laughs with my mom and cute siblings. Just spending a short time with my sister was what I needed. I feel rejuventad and ready for the weeks ahead. Thanks mom for knowing what I needed and making it happen,....I'm still impressed.



















































8 comments:

Emily Kern said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! What a fun surprise! By the way, I am loving your hair AND your cute little prego belly! I am glad you had a fun couple of birthday days, you deserve them!

Heather said...

I second Emily's comments - you look so great! I hope I'm looking that great in a year from now! :)

Soooo glad it was fun! ~Heather

libbie said...

Yep . . . you look AWESOMELY Gorgeous! And you are hilarious and i love to read your blog. What a fantastic birthday! I am glad it was a good one!

kir said...

Four words--BEST SISTER BIRTHDAY EVER!!

jessica said...

You were spoiled for sure...as you should be! Thay XM radio sure knows how to pick 'em.

Thirty three is AWESOME! I've only been rockin' it for four months but so far so good!

Cassie Jensen said...

So fun to have a peak into the most-amazingly-memorable-Kari-birthday yet! Thanks! I just wish I was there to watch Kyle take that picture at the posh restaurant of you and the crab leg! Perfect!

Stephanie said...

Fun fun fun. What a great birthday! I'm glad they all made it special for you! You deserve it.

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Kari! So glad you had such a great weekend! May 33 continue to be THEE best! xoxox Loves, Ali