Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy almost Easter from the most photogenic family in town

First of all...I can't decide if I love Jack or Cole's expression more....sleepy and happy or just plain miserable. Neither one was displaying their actual feelings- but I guess that's what you get when you are a member of the most photogenic family in town.
It is 71 degrees today. Big whoop- some may say- but not this gal. See this gal lives in rainyville, where happy attitudes and pleasant dispositions must be conscience decisions made each day because it RAINS SO MUCH. Last Sunday, it was snowing. This glorious day as Annie so eloquently stated years ago, "the sun will come out" and come out it did!

My fantastic in-laws put on an annual Easter egg hunt for all the cousins each year and this year was no different. Since all families were busy next Sunday, this Sunday served as our Easter egg hunt and conference weekend "egg"stravaganza (yea, you're welcome for that)!










Quick thoughts on the day:
-LOVE 71 degree weather. Not too hot and blissfully warm!
-My mother -in-law makes a wickedly delicious potato salad in which I consumed large amounts this afternoon.
-I used the word "wickedly" because I was thinking of my mom who just saw "Wicked" last night in Portland. My uber talented cousin has been dancing with the Broadway production for the past 3 years and so my parents went down and saw the play (back stage and everything). Someday!
-I really was hoping for a rootbeer popsicle and went outside to get one and realized I had already eaten them all. grrr.
-Jack doesn't seem to grasp the concept that if his little brother doesn't want to play the way HE would like him to play...hitting him in the back with a bat will NOT help the situation.
-Brody will eat non stop if I let him...that is happening today, I'm tired.
-I really adore Kyle. Even though he slept through most of conference while I did laps around the house looking at the cows and horses with Brody....I didn't mind. The guy needs a nap.
-The DVR is the greatest invention
-This is a crazy busy week filled with birthdays, classroom treats, dr. appts., ordering the exterior doors to my new house, a hot date on Friday and a ward function on Saturday. I do enjoy crazy busy weeks.
-I am getting hideous varicose veins in my left leg that are really starting to hurt. I'm only 33...seriously? And why only the left?
-I'm reminded of my hideous legs because my marathon running /had to be a former gymnast neighbor gal just rode by on her bike sporting short shorts and fabulously tanned legs. Good for her. And good for me...I have legs.
- I finally figured out what to put in the fellas' Easter basket and I'm quite excited about it.
-I wish I lived next door to my sister.
-When this sweet baby girl finally makes her debut and every year to follow, she will not be allowed to wear short shorts. Another unfortunate pair, worn by a tween, just strolled past my window-bad deal everytime.
-While the sun shines, the fellas will remain outside whether they are enjoying themselves or not.
-Almost Easter 2009 turned out pretty "Egg"cellent.....I could keep going.

7 comments:

kir said...

Now wait just one second there, I thought I had the most photogenic family on the planet--maybe we can do a tie, or a tie-breaker--ooh, that could be totally fun!! And so why is it that Mr. Thom has his eyes completely open the time that the jr. Thom's didn't get the memo?? Love it...
Vericose veins--really? Sorry about that one, sista. Just on the one side though, I don't know that you want a matching set and the legs are still working, so bonus! And as far as the running and the eradication of short-shorts, I was running the other Saturday (the ONE where there was NO SNOW on the ground) and then when I took one of the kidlets to the dentist the next Monday and he mentioned that he thought it was me that he saw running on Saturday, yeah-always glad to not do the shorty-shorts...
I would still like to have you live next door, or behind me, or across the street, lots of options...
Love the pics and love you!!
-xoxo--Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

Happy early Easter! I say let Brody eat as much as he wants, I was always told children self-regulate. And hang in there- those legs will be back in running/short fashion soon enough! Looks like you guys enjoyed the sunshine- lets hope it keeps up! Maybe we'll see you this week-

libbie said...

you really know how to make this girl chuckle! thanks for the good laugh today! I needed it.

jessica said...

Today was our 69 degree day! It is so fabulous! I can't believe what a difference sun makes in my life...

Sorry about the veins, and yes be glad you have legs that work :) I take a ballet class and there is a girl that I've gotten to know in there and she has legs to die for... you know the kind we will all have in the next life...well I purposely dance on the opposite side of the room so I don't have to see her in the mirror.

Julie Murphy said...

Veins are cool! I have convinced myself of this and find that not only do fat legs look better tan, but veiney (a word, I don't know) legs look better tan too. Just go get yourself some good tanning lotion and don't worry about it. You're having a GIRL!! I told you, they don't come easy! By the way, I only had them in the left leg too :)

Emily Kern said...

Root beer? I thought you always preferred the banana ones? I think you should cut those ladies/tweens a little slack. Maybe they are really poor and can only afford clothes that use a small amount of fabric...kind of like Kelly from Saved By the Bell...remember when you wrote about that? I love that and I am giggling just thinking about it! Have a great day!

libbie said...

to be completely honest . . . i think i would wait to go to the great wolfe lodge until your little ones are much bigger, unless you want to ditch them at home. they would have fun, but it was too hard for me to cart Lila around and there are two kid places, but one of them is for say, 6 and up and the other one is for the littler ones. it would have been so worth it if i didn't have a baby there with me. i think it is worth the $ if you are able to spend the majority of the day OUT of your hotel room though! oh heck . . . . i don't know, you probably aren't as crazy as me and would do just fine.