Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Single parenting

It's quiet around here...finally. I have accomplished the daily routine known as motherhood once again....solo. Please know that I completely, totally, and 100% appreciate the hard work Mr. Kyle is putting into the building of our new house. It is though, quite honestly, tiring and lonely I guess for both of us. I know I'm not sweaty and dirty drilling some hole for a plumbing unit inside our newly cemented foundation, (so exciting...pictures later) or exhausted from an 11 hour day at the office. I am though exhausted myself, mom exhausted.
I'm getting used to our new routine. The champ goes straight from work to the new house. I feed the boys, pack 'em all up, and we head over to take dinner to him. I come home, do the night routine, put the boys to bed, and THEN get to clean up to start another day. I 'm not meaning to complain or claim that I do something amazing. All mothers tackle this same routine everyday as well. I'm just a gal who really enjoys her husband and all his helpness. He's sure doing a bang up job on those plumbing fixtures. Meanwhile, back at the homestead:

Exhibit A, B, and C of my sweet parenting skills as of late.
I let them throw all caution to the wind to go ahead...see if you CAN squish yourselves into that rubbermaid. And while you're at it, don't move so mom can take your picture.*Notice the sweat on Jack's head....it's hard work being a complete spaz all night and then stuffing yourself into a box right before bedtime.
The little guy is just plain fast and sneaky. I could have sworn Cole was the one playing with the play-doh. However, I soon realized he was trapped inside a plastic box so Brody took over the 'doh. Fantastic I absolutely LOVE when the colors get all mashed up together!!!
And really, who needs a chair?
O.k., venting done.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh how I know the feeling- we are a few steps ahead of you, the process is fun but we sure miss the daddies.

kir said...

There was totally an 80's tune about living in a box, living in a cardboard box, but I don't remember the one about the rubbermaid one- so clever!! Love those boys and love Mr. Jack's sweaty head...
-xoxo-Kir

Amy said...

Maybe putting my kids in Rubbermaid (with breathing holes) for an hour or so would be just the ticket for me being able to get this house cleaned for more than 15 minutes!

Just wanted to send out my sympathies on the single mom status. I'm sorry. It's such a catch 22, huh? They always say you'll look back on it and laugh. I hope so for your sake. You're a great mom, Kari!

Emily Kern said...

Welcome to my world...now if only you had some slimy snails for your kids to play with...