Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dreams


These fellas have nothing to do with my current "dream" situation, just a photo from the weekend...the lazy popsicle eating, mustache producing weekend!
O.k., I am a dreamer. Not like a lovey dovey, unicorns and world peace dreamer but I have dreams at night all the time. It's really starting to drive me nuts. I love sleep and I don't get enough of it as it is so when the 'ole dreams start kickin in....it 's all down hill from there. I'm always amazed at how dreams include little pieces of life- real or unreal, people-met or never met, and events, all rolled into one bizarre thought. My dreams this week have been carrying a theme and I'm wondering what that is saying about me.
Cast of characters: Me, Barack Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC), Joe Biden, City of Logan, Utah, Bluebird candy store, unknown college campus, creme brule (?). Interestingly enough, no Republicans made the cut to infiltrate my thoughts while asleep.
First off, I love politics. I love elections (especially when they go my way). They make me nervous, anxious, mad, and stressed out about other people's idiot views...but I can't get enough. So these past 2 weeks I have suffered through numerous nights of each convention and had an overload of Obama/Biden mania. That must be why I've been dreaming of Barry.
Dream #1 For some reason I'm in Logan (really did attend USU) at the Bluebird restaurant/candy store (really have enjoyed this establishment many times) standing in line for chocolate (really do love chocolate and would stand in line for some). In walks his majesty, the anointed One, Barry Obama and he does not have to wait in line. He struts himself right up to the front of the line and asks for some creme brule. Now I have to laugh because even in my dream I couldn't stand this guy. All of us common folk waiting patiently in line for some chocolate were not mesmerized by his majesty. In fact, we just rolled our eyes at the thought of haughty taughty creme brule at the Bluebird candy store in Logan Utah. Hmmmmm?????
Dream #2-Joe Biden is missing /MIA and no one has any idea. Being the super sleuth that I am, I'm doing some wild investigating on this unknown college campus. All bets are on HRC. Will she step into the new VP slot? Who knows?? Hmmmmmm??
Kyle's madness inducing snoring habits aren't helping the situation any. The point is, I think /stress enough about these people when I am awake...I DO NOT want to waste my precious hours dreaming about them as well. Dreams are for lollipops and rainbows. Where's my rainbows? And where's McCain /Palin? I'm an equal opportunity dreamer.

6 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I think we would all be happier if you did take a more fair and balanced approach in your REM cycles. That being said, I hope we won't have to just dream of McCain/Palin.

kir said...

Ok-Dreams are totally for lollipops and rainbows, or raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...(for the record, I own no bright copper kettles) and creme brule? Really? Do they actually serve that in the cache Valley? Sorry about the company you keep in your pseudo-sleepy hours, but I'll eat chocolate with you any time, sis...
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

Sorry about the obviously-disturbed sleep! But, just think, a year from now you'll be sleeping soundly in your beeee-autifuly new house, American flag waving, and conservative leadership all the way up! I can dream, too, right?

Molly said...

Love the details of your dreams... I was reading along and had to "take a break" because I could picture myself in line with you to buy some candy....ahhh, the good ole days. I hope you can get some better sleep over the next few days to make up the difference! :)

Stephanie said...

Was it a full moon? Maybe Biden was kissing HRC on the "A". Here's to a more restful sleep tonight. I hear you on this election. It's sickeningly addictive. It was especially consuming for me with the convention right here in Denver!

Alison said...

Hmmm...this is deep...but very entertaining. =)