Monday, September 15, 2008

How to build a fence in a day

You take one extremely hard working and attractive husband, add his two brothers, his dad, his eldest son/clone, and throw in a few cousins...and within an 8.5 hour "work party" Saturday, you have a fantastic brand spankin new fence outlining your property! All I have to do is bring the sustenance-Bagel sandwiches, chips, watermelon, pineapple, cookies, drumsticks and drinks a plenty!



Happy dirty cousins!




Can ya see it? This is our driveway on each side. Eventually the fence will be painted to match the house, which is still undecided. Grass will be put in and a yard will take shape. I do know this, I'm gonna have big red gates at the far end of the yard...where the steers/stears(?) will go. I missed the word Steer/stear, in my 4th grade spelling bee and have never recovered from that, I'm talking cattle.. .of the male version! Who knew, me with a few head 'O steers? I'm loving this though, the thought of waking up in the morning and watching 'ole Bessy out in the field makes me happy.




Foundation progress. Hopefully by the end of the week, cement will start pouring!

6 comments:

Thomas family said...

This is so exciting! We love watching the progress, and being up to date.

Stephanie said...

It looks great! Wow, those guys worked quick since the last post! Keep us "posted"

Emily Kern said...

I was also tripped up in the 4th grade spelling bee by the presumptive possibility that there was some homophonic relationship between the same words! I am pretty sure that there is not, but like you, I still feel silly, and have never mispelled that word again. That is a very lovely fence! How much land do you have?

Cassie Jensen said...

Very nice! Can't wait to take a drive and check it out. Let me know when you're taking the next tour out!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This looks like an exciting project - please keep posting the progress.

kir said...

So you're saying that when I come to see you and there are cows roaming in the yard in the a.m., that that is where they are supposed to be?? Unlike that trip to Fairfield, CA, and the cows in the yard in the a.m. were not in the right spot, but it made for good times!! Lovely fence, by the way...Hooray!!
-xoxo-Kir