Monday, September 1, 2008

September

I love this time of year...especially this month. September brings the new start to so many fantastic things. This year for our crew it is no different. Lots of new stuff goin on...exciting stuff. I'm loving how the weather is pulling a 180 for us around here. Currently, I'm enjoying a Popsicle with a fleece jacket on...go figure. It must be September. And if I was blogtastic and knew how to put songs on my blog I would have one of my ALL TIME favorite songs serenading my thoughts in the background. Since I'm not, just imagine Earth, Wind and Fire's classic, "September" playing...."Do you rememba...."

The Permit:
These are our house plans. See we have been planning, dreaming, budgeting, thinking, and strategizing the building of our dream house for many years now. We turned in our house plans to get a building permit to "the county which shall remain namelss" 8 MONTHS ago and FINALLY on Thursday, Kyle was able to pick it up. We thank our dear county which shall remain nameless, for deeming us "environmentally worthy" to build on our own paid for and taxed yearly property. Thanks for being so friendly, helpful, considerate, and most of all efficient these last EIGHT MONTHS., It has been a real pleasure to work with you. So next year, when this house is built and completed by the sweat of my dear husband's brow....I look forward to dealing with you again and having to receive yet another permit so that we may actually live in our newly built home. Please come visit us on site many, many times and share your abundance of wisdom. Make sure to stay as helpful and efficient as possible and I'm sure we'll be BFFs! Ground breaking this week...so exciting!
The Cabin:

My wonderful in-laws own a fantastic cabin in the woods about 80 miles from home. Perfect distance to get away and feel away. I took the boys for the day and enjoyed: Pirate Booty-delicious, airy, cheesy, and surprisingly good for you.


These yummy things-I consumed waaay too many for one sitting.








Fun cousins with fun hats on the cutting edge of fashion.






Walks in the forest and just "exploring mom."




The Haircuts

It's such a constant in our house. Haircuts...twice a month. This guy is our dependable crier. He hates the haircut. And wouldn't ya know that he's the one blessed with TWO swirly cow licks (?) right at the top of his scalp. Poor kid starts sprouting a mow hawk within days of a trim. It's most unfortunate. I probably shouldn't have taken a picture during his time of need, but it was just so pathetic. And no comments on the mirror....it was smeary when we moved in and it's been a long week!

The house painter:


These are Kyle's hands. This poor guy has been painting our wonderful friend's house all weekend... all in the name of scouting. Yes, we are "friends of scouting" and after this last fundraiser Kyle and I have decided that ....our "friendship" with scouting will discontinue for a good 6 years or so. Not forever...just a little break. One sided relationships really don't work that well...the flame dies. When Jack is ready to go...we'll rekindle.
The Picnic:

So while Kyle has been painting all weekend, we've been......eating hamburgers and complaining of sun being in our eyes, at a "back to school" bbq. Fun friends organized a picnic including all the new kids and teachers for the up-coming school year. So fun and always such classy hosts.

Rocks in the hood -fun new game.




He's totally over the haircut.




So I look forward to this new month. School starts tomorrow, new routines, new backpacks, new haircuts, new weather, new big hole being dug for the foundation of my new house!



3 comments:

kir said...

Well, Kthom, Wow!! So much new, but no "New Zoo Revue?" (Come on, that's totally funny!) So excited about the BIG PLANS, especially since it has completely been "service with a smile" (perhaps more like a wink and a smile?), anyway-hooray for fun new projects that you get to live in!!
I absolutely feel like I was at the cabin with you and Twizzlers make me very happy, as well- I love the way they taste so fruity or juicy or whatever it is, they are definitely tasty!
Kyle should certainly receive the rank of "silver beaver" for that house-painting done in the name of super scout auction-well done! Just as long as the cracker-jack troop of boys is appreciative...

Amy said...

(Groan) Our "friends of scouting" translates into "All of you Young Men leaders set up flags at every...single...person's house w/in our ward boundaries for every single holiday, whether they are "friendly" or not. Awesome. Love the "silver beaver" comment, Kir. haha.

Now, something that's really awesome are your new house plans! That's really exciting! Be sure to walk us through the steps so we feel like we're the ones building.

Sorry about the haircut sadness. I guess he'll get used to it, eh?

What a great idea to get the kids and teachers together for a meet and greet hoo-rah.

Emily Kern said...

Yea for you and your new house plans! I am looking forward to many pictures in future posts! It is good that you guys have been deemed environmentally worthy...there is nothing worse than being less than worthy except for maybe being several months behind schedule, so I join you in thanking a certain county for really stinKING things up in the promptness category.
Reese can relate to your son's hair troubles, he also sports a mohawk most of the time with the two opposite swirling cow licks and the extra one right up front. As big a pain in the fanny it is, I think it is so cute!
Our scouts did a car wash, so I supported them and got my car washed. It was super. Then I hired them all to come and do my yard work. That was money well spent, and I didn't feel used!