Sunday, March 2, 2008

random wrap-up

So Jack's egg crate /rocket ship picture should be at the bottom of this post. Frustration continues to rise, please see below and know that I am all about trying!


Oh this is so frustrating!! This photo illustrates Brody's empathetic frustration.....grrrrr - So the pictures look sweet huh..?! all over this post in random order. HELP! I can't figure out how to download a picture-comment about it, download-comment etc. It's all over the place and I can't get how to layout my post just "so".... and Kyle is wheeze laughing in the other room and I want to know what's so funny but I can't get this blog thing, and I'm sleeeeeepy!!! AHHH! Anyway, read on, no making fun.



Cole may have fallen asleep while waiting for dinner but don't you go nodding off, this is some good stuff.







We like to use popcorn buckets as helmets, I especially enjoy letting my toddler wear one and then just let him go......



Some folks may actually bath in their bathtub. Mine is strictly used as a playground and all 3 boys participate in the fun. Cole built this "amazing factowy with cool woofs" They drive cars and trains all around and inside out and now and again get wet (darn giant faucet gets in the way).
Side note-anyone who can tell me how to flip my pictures so they aren't sideways...I'd be so grateful!!



I'm trying to blog and watch/listen Amy Poehler do a hilarious spot on Dakota Fanning impression on SNL at the same time....funny and hard to do.


The Thomas crew had a fun week/end packed with playdates (that unfortunately had to be cut short with a pant wetting episode due to sheer excitement of backyard playtime mixed with a little 6 year old forgetfulness, and thus ran out of "hold time" - I double toweled the seat for the card ride home-eewww)- trips to g-parents, lunch with gramma Jan at Panera bread, and finding dual usage for many common household items: bathtubs, popcorn buckets, egg crates: see above , and to the side, and maybe down below, who knows where the pictoral proof will end up.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Kari,
(I was going to e-mail this, but I don't have your e-mail.)

Pictures and text can be really frustrating. I like to center all of my pictures when I blog. It's might look boring, but it's just easier. When I go left or right justification, it never lines up right for me either!

Once you've download pictures, you can click and drag them wherever you want on the page. I like to load all of my pictures first (they get plopped up at the top), then type my text below, and then place my pictures amongst the text. You can also center your text under the picture and make it smaller to look more "caption-like".

Is your special "day"

Those were cute pictures of the boys. Especially the popcorn helmet. Clever! Is your special "day" 03/04 or 04/05? I've totally forgotten!

Amy said...

P.S. I didn't mean to type "Is your special "day"" randomly in the middle of my post. sorry.

Emily Kern said...

I also saw the Dakota Fanning bit. FUNNY! And how about that Hillary?! I love the pictures! I open my pictures by right clicking and using a picture manager. You can rotate,crop, resize etc., but you are doing great! I love to see new postings. I also do the whole download the pics in the order I want them and then fit the words in between. You can also use the HTML edit, but it is a bit of a pain. Don't give up!!! I need more blog...in SNL terms, I guess you could say "I've got a fevah for more blog!" (Of course there would be another word in there for blog--can you name the sketch?)

kir said...

Hey KThom-
Love the photos and as soon as I start a blog I will come back to the great photo placement tutorials from Amy and Emily! (For now, I just look at other people's blogs...)
I also enjoy the bucket head and Brody in "never say die" mode with the bottle never leaving the mouth as he is bound and determined and most certainly will get to wherever it is he is going- under that chair, in the chair, beyond the chair, yeah.
As far as the special day, it is 03/05 and I wish I was there to put up streamers and balloons and make a special Holly Hobby cake for you...Happy almost Birthday!!
-xoxo-Kir

yennu said...

Lil' Kari (Pepe'):

Many happy b-days to one of the coolest cats around. We all need to hang out sometime soon---asta la vista!

big bro

yennu said...

Killer boots, man! and a sweet log, I mean BLOG-too! I have to get into this. Maybe I'll have to publish a video clip of my coolest dance routines or something...