Friday, March 7, 2008

ding-a-ling

I just wanted to share reason # 2,657, 312 why I LOVE MY MOM!

We are experiencing day 3 1/2 of sick bay at our house. I'm the type of person who likes to get out...do things...breathe fresh air...not sicky pukey air...drive a car, you know, little things. Since Cole has been down for the count the only places I've gone are (except for my b-day evening spectacular)-run a gift to a friend's house -total-4 minutes..left Cole home and picked up Jack from school each afternoon total -6 minutes-left Cole home. I NEED TO GET OUT!!!!

My mom and I had planned to get together today for my b-day just to go to the grocery store or something exciting like that, but once again...no go! The doorbell rings and there standing at my doorstep is my darling mother with treats in hand .

Have you ever had a egg/spinach and artichoke souffle from Panera bread? Too die for delicious and loaded with cheesy nutrition. And, to top it all off.... girl scout cookies. Now I won't feel any guilt passing the girl scout table next trip to the store...."thanks but I already got my boxes!" I'm not sure exactly when that trip will be- but until then, I have an egg souffle and 2 boxes of cookies to tide me over. Thank you mom, you are so cute and thoughtful.


4 comments:

kir said...

Love that Jan!!What a delightful front-door surprise!! Hope Mr. Cole is on the up and up very soon...
-xoxo-Kir

Angie Penrose said...

What a good mom you have!! Panera is SO yummy. We need one closer. I hope Cole is feeling better! Thanks for commenting on my blog! You'll have to forgive on my slacking with your b-day! Hope it was a happy one! I have a treat here for you...treats are fun any day though right?! talk to you soon!

Emily Kern said...

I love Jan! I remember a fun #19 birthday of a special someone-(you)- When she overnighted Olive Garden Breadsticks. That was a speciual treat for all! I love panera also, but have never had the egg souffle...I'll have to try it next time. Hope you get out soon.

libbie said...

Oh dang . . .. barfing is no fun. But girl scout cookies sure are. I am anxiously awaiting mine. They will be gone in one sitting, no doubt! That sure is an awesome mom!