Thursday, March 6, 2008

The good and the bad of 3-5

So yesterday was my birthday and I loved it. I'm one who thoroughly enjoys, phone calls, well wishes, surprise treats, and all around love displayed to me on my special day. Not that I need it or anything but it's just fun to be reminded of how many darling friends and family members I have who care about me! Thanks to all you sweet people who made my big 32..just plain nice!

One poor guy who didn't have the "umph" to do anything-literally- let alone wish his beautiful mother a happy birthday was my Mr. Cole. It all started like this:

and quickly led to this: and then this:

I'll spare you the photographic proof of what went down pre- Cole and post/current Cole. However, the story is riveting . Jack and Cole are taking Tae Kwon Do, which I love. Jack loves it as well, Cole could take it or leave it....he will take it. Tuesday afternoon rolls around and we are getting dressed, getting excited, and having one last sip of Cole's Gatorade (which I believe sealed the deal on Cole's current condition). Boys are in the car, all is well. We get to the building and Jack opens the door, I'm holding Brody and Cole is behind me. I turn around and there is Cole throwing up right at the doorstep to his class. Brody is screaming terrified, Jack is still holding the door like a deer in the headlights, and I'm thinking...eeewwwww, gatorade.....! So long story short, I look for someone to hold my screaming toddler,a place for Cole to continue puking in semi-privacy (stairs), and anything to clean the mess up. One lone water bottle later the mess was mostly cleaned up and Brody was still screaming with his stranger. Needless to say, there was no Tae Kwon Do for us that day....I didn't even mean for that to rhyme, it was just that poetic.

Fast forward to my day of birth (yesterday). Cole is still out of commission and sicker than sick. Plans got changed a bit, however, the sun was shining and I had friends a plenty, call and stop by so life was good. I even got my hair colored, ordered dinner to go from my favorite place and had a date with myself in the Target parking lot..Happy Birthday to me!!

Cole at happier times!


Even sideways he's cute. Still can't figure out how to rotate pictures...still need some help with this!

Not neccessarily a happy time, I just have always found this picture funny. He tried and tried but those undies were so tight on his head!


4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I hope your little guy feels all better soon. There is nothing worse than puke. It was good to talk to you and once again, Happy Birthday!

yennu said...

I'm so glad to see your blog safe and sound. You are getting very blog savy. Hopefully Cole is feeling better and I'm glad you had a great birthday. March is a great birthday month 3 down 5 more to go:)

kir said...

Kar- loved the birthday review, my favorite part was "needlees to say, there was no tai kwon do for us that day." It just flows ("no more rhymes and I mean it!" "anybody got a peanut?"-genius)...
The boys seem to having a bucket on the head thing, although undies (clean) are generally acceptable, too.
I'm rambling now, but by any chance was the gatorade in question of the "frosty ice" variety? The "cloudy water" color just doesn't seem to stain as bad as "fruit punch" or "super red delight". Just curious...

Stephanie said...

Kari,

Happy birthday! Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's fun to hear from you after so long. E-mail me at stephanieslarsen@yahoo.com, that way I won't have to bore your blog readers with more info about me than they'd care to have!

Take care...darling kids you've got!