Monday, March 10, 2008

Week/end review

I know you're thinking, lovely dishwasher....as am I. I get the biggest thrill out of stacking my dishwasher completely and efficiently. Not jammed so tight that bowls are clanking and plates get missed, but tight enough that every inch is used to its fullest potential and I get my moneys worth. AHHH, another job well done tonight.

O.k. so the Thomas' are on the mend. All is well and each member under 6 is tucked away for the evening :)

Cole is officially over the flu..hallelujah! He was quite the trooper. We actually left the house and drove in the car today and even went inside a public building....dreaded Walmart, it had to be done. Nice to have him on the up and up!


Brody and the garbage can are having some issues. One is cute and chatty and curious, the other is shiny, and smelly and inviting...I guess. I should have probably sprung into action and released his hand, but it's happening so frequently these days, I just stopped to document instead.

We're a family that enjoys costumes....year round. Capt. Jack was thrilled all weekend in this get-up.
"No you don't look like a girl." "No, you can't wear it to school tomorrow." "No I promise, it's not real woman hair." "Yes, you do look like Johnny Deff...no Depp, no DePP!" "Jack, go brush your teeth," -"But mom, pirates have rotten teeth," Tis true!

Oh and I made these little yummy things for a friend's b-day. The picture doesn't do the "drizzling" justice. In a nut shell ( pun intended)
Chocolate cupcakes with a choco/peanut butter frosting and Reeses crumbles on top. If your allergic to peanuts, I'd stay away from these.
What did you do this weekend?



4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I'm glad you're all on the mend. I'm impressed with your loading ability...it really is an art to do it properly AND efficiently at the same time. I am trying to teach Jessica, but she still just loads up all the big things so there is a load of 3 pans and 4 spoons and a sink full of dishes. Its just easier to do it myself, but I have to teach! My big thingis stain removal. I love it and will probably write a whole blog about it someday. Cute kids, great job with the pictures!

kir said...

okay-so I love the plates you have in the green tones, we have them in the yellow/orange tones. I thought they were so fun (I thought right) and I thought it would just be the best ever to get a variety of stripes and dots and floral plates, I mean, how fun can we get? Unfortunately, my little lovelies always seem to find a way to make an issue about which plate is the VERY best and who got to use it last time, etc., etc. (The amazing thing is that the title of "ultimate plate" actually changes on a regular basis, making it tricky to pinpoint when the all important battle over who gets the "uber-plate" will begin)...
Also, way to not get sucked into that "pirates have rotten teeth" song and dance. I 'm all for getting into character, lady-hair and all, but not at the expense of good oral hygiene (now if I can just get some of Captain Jack's cousins totally on board with that program...)
-xoxo-Kir

Deb Roberts and Family said...

I got to check out your blog finally. Good thing it was listed on your web favorites! Computer Geek Tip of the Day: After you've moved your pictures from your camera to your computer, right click on a picture in your My Pictures file and choose "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counter Clockwise." Repeat until it is oriented the way it was intended to be. Cute journal. I love to read and not just look at pictures that I may not understand completely. Good work, Friend.

Cassie Jensen said...

I thought Capt Jack was you! So no more thinking Jack is a mini-Kyle. We all thought (before we cocked our heads to the side) that it was you photo-shopped onto a little Jack Sparrow! Crazy-