Thursday, April 14, 2011

Word to the wise..r than I...

Just a little tip to all those out there who love a good clean wall....cooking and talking and Fox news don't mix.
Watch the multi-tasking....I'm just sayin.

This little love head right here..the one with curly cue hair, dainty feet, and almond eyes...she's a pill.


I mistakenly thought I could combine:
- cooking loud and splashy chicken (hence needed the hood vent on)
-giving marital advice over the phone while cooking loud and splashy chicken
-having The O'Reilly factor blaring on the tv from the other room while cooking loud and splashy chicken and giving marital advice over the phone
AND
-watching my little lady

Bad Bad Bad combination.

That's right...black Sharpie Pen on almost every surface possible in my -still new to me- kitchen.  Kyle loved coming home to that hullabaloo. Lesson learned..Sharpies be banned. I used that beautiful invention know as the "magic eraser" on the desk and  floors..worked like a charm. The walls, staircase and wood trim will have to be sanded out and re-painted. Awesome, we needed another project to do around here.




 She's tagged everything. Writing utensils be gone!


5 comments:

libbie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Her and Lila could be BEST friends. That SUUUUUUUUCKS! Hallelujah for magic erasers.

Amy said...

It has happened to the best of us, and some of us weren't even imparting marital advice OR cooking splashy chicken! She's really just so cute, Kari. Don't stay mad at her for too long.

Amy said...

Just a little tip, try a little baking soda paste. It might work, it has taken a lot off my walls or Google always has good remidies for crazy things my kids have done. It is nice to know that my kids are not alone in the many things kids do. It is so fun to see your cute little family. Take care. My kids eat butter and sugar on their pancakes because I learned that from you.

jessica said...

Oh I feel your pain!!! C took a sharpie to my sewing machine...magic eraser only worked on part of it. I also have highlighter, crayon, ball point pen, white out and pencil on various walls and other random items in my house. Two-year olds...

Molly Dukeman said...

I have to admit I giggled at your little Picaso's artwork. Naughty baby girl! She is absolutely darling and I daresay she is looking more and more like her mommy. :)