Sunday, April 24, 2011

Maintaining patience..with my patient

It's been a long and rough week around these parts. You see this guy right here... he finally had his tonsils and adenoids removed...sliced away...AND had tubes put BACK in his ears, all in one morning. That's right, you heard me..BACK in his ears. I earned some major angelic mothering points for keeping his 85lb. violently flailing body from falling off his hospital bed coming out of anesthesia...holy moly. I had no idea. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, it was all just so strange seeing him so disoriented... poor guy. After the meds wore off...it just kept getting better and better. 
Pre-removal...when all was still right with the world.


The first tastes of  Gramma Jan's special orange jello delight...the wall wasn't hit yet. 

O.k...here we go...the 3 amigos for the recovery week...everyone is all smiley pillows and rainbows....

Mid week...we're living on Popsicles and horrendous breath around here.....
 Pretty rough by mid week. Day 4 was rated by the patient as "worst day..ever." It's a toss up for me. I really have been trying to be as patient and kind as possible with Mr. Sick. He's an emotional kid as it is so throw in some missing tonsils and wooooah Nelly! I'm really proud of him showing as much bravery as he could muster. The week is finally over and he's wanted back at school by his buddies so tomorrow should be a telling day. Fingers crossed that yoplait and applesauce will be sufficient...without tears.
Kate had had enough. I found her just getting some quiet time..helping herself .... listening to an Ipod. I can't blame her. It's been a long long week.


No comments: