Monday, April 4, 2011

A lovely weekend full of lovely things....


I really do look forward to General Conference weekend each April.  It's simply dreamy having my family all together, my husband actually home on a Sunday...no meetings, no pressure. This weekend we sat quite comfortably together and listened to the wonderful messages of faith, kindness, family, and service from our inspired church leaders. My testimony was strengthened. I am truly thankful for a living prophet on the Earth today. What a blessing in my life.

 Other lovely note ables from the weekend:

We have a LOT of art pieces laying around these parts. Brody is on a "Backyardigans" kick. Can you tell? -He thought maybe each character needed a little snack..hence the 2 fishy crackers for each one. Always thinking ahead....

I purchased a "Bountiful Basket" -a produce co-op thingy and my wonderful bro-in-law Mark picked it up AND hand delivered it to my kitchen. How 'bout that for service?! For this lover of ALL things green and leafy....it was seriously like christmas morning, I didn't know what I was getting.... oh the possibilities!!!  The portobello mushrooms were promptly grilled with a little olive oil s/p/ and a sprinkle of dill for good measure. The darling little radish bunch made their appearance in a fantastic salad I found on-line and will make many times over...my boys totally dug the radishes-who knew?!The apples sacrificed themselves for a mediocre cobbler. I dredged the broccoli/cauliflower and yellow squash in an egg wash..tossed them with Parmesan cheese (and a tad sprinkle of salt) then lightly sauteed them in olive oil. THEN.....the best part, I mixed a little fresh lemon juice with a little olive oil and drizzled it on top of the hot veggies. Do it.... you'll thank me later. Grapefruits/bananas/lettuce consumed daily and the sweet potatoes will most likely be baked for a little surprise in the tin foil. So my point in sharing all of this is that for me...it was completely worth my $15. The dang yellow squash (hello $2.99 a lb currently)  practically paid for themselves. I will totally be in the basket line again.

For brief moments my kids played quietly and angelically!


I made the infamous "Bunny Buns" from the Friend magazine. The boys preferred the dipping glaze method..whatever makes you happy...its conference weekend! -Nice crooked blinds.

And last but certainly not least.....my little lady achieved piggy tail status. It's a big-big day!! I kid you not, I have seriously been dreaming of the day when a little girl in piggy tails would prance around my house with a smile on her face (or her back to me)


and a bunny bun in her mouth. And there she is!!


1 comment:

kir said...

Oh, my dear sister, the lover of all things green and leafy (kindred spirit) I am so familiar with all of the Backyardigans, although instead of drawing, the boys in this casa tend to dance and do theatrical interpretations of each episode they see--I am so impressed with Brode's artwork and generous fishy-cracker sharing!!
And PIGGY TAILS!! Awesome, awesome day!!
-xoxo-Kir