Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The good run...

Me and Deb..one of my most favorites...ever!
I'm not a runner..nor do I profess to be. I do however, on occasion...enjoy running. Saturday was one of those days. Weather held out, small amount of participants, fabulicious playlist, and just a straight up fun and determined running partner. In fact, said running partner somehow set her Ipod on the trunk of her car before the race..couldn't find it..was literally looking in her car when the 15 second warning bell sounded....started late with only a set of jingling keys to serenade her through the entire 5k. What a champ! It feels so good to accomplish something I really wanted to do. I got my best time in months and now have a goal for my next race. It's kind of addicting. Not like someday I want to run a marathon addicting..or even a 1/2....more like....3.2 is perfect for me. However, a 10k has kinda got me thinking...hmmm.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Someday I'd like to do one. They seem my length and style. Josh entered the lottery for the Ironman triathlon in Kona, HI in October, and out of thousands of applicants, he got picked, along with a couple hundred other crazies. My thought is what terrible timing. His thought, what a chance of a lifetime...let's get training! Awesome...

jessica said...

Yay for you! I love a good run....so sad your friend lost her ipod ;(

erin said...

Seriously, Kari, you can do a 1/2...if I can, you can. Ok, Ok...ask me after June 25th if I can do a 1/2. But I really think you can!! Bummer I missed this 5k though. I want to do a 10k in the next few weeks, are you up for it? And thanks for your bathroom help with the mini-me on Sunday ;-)