Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend whatnots......








"Well...good morning giant hot air balloons" and "What the....?" were 2 things that crossed my mind Saturday morning when this was the view from my front door. The weather has been FANtastic lately and obviously some balloon lovers were just itchin to ....float?!! It was actually quite fun to watch. I couldn't help but think of one of thee greatest old time Disney movies..."Night Crossing," has anyone ever seen it besides yours truly and my siblings? The story goes: 2 East German families literally sew their own hot air balloons by night (obviously secretly) so they can escape to West Germany...full of suspense.... anyone... anyone?? It was a family favorite growing up..good show....as was the Saturday morning display for that matter.

Other exciting tidbits and insights from the week/end included:
A 3 year old throwing a tantrum will eat a rock hard frozen corn dog if given the chance. Hold the ketchup and mustard.
Even with gorgeous weather outside, yahoos will play for hours in......a box.
It is possible to renew ones driver's license with all 4 kids in tow and no stroller:


I never said it was pleasant, it just was possible. My crew along with 138 other people chose to be at the DMV on that blessed day. It had to be done. I just ignored the" Parents please do not leave children unattended" sign, gave Jack and Cole strict orders to stay seated at all times, applied some lip gloss, wiped the light sweat forming on my forehead, bundled Kate's blanket under her bottle so she could self feed in her car seat, held Brody's hand with a death grip so he wouldn't run into the "employees only" section again, asked the kind worker if my shirt was straight (with no response) and smiled! Hopefully in 7-10 business days it will look as dreamy as I'm imagining it will be.

4 comments:

jessica said...

This post is hilarious! From the hot air balloons to the DMV. I was wrestling C the whole time I was there...oh it was fun times.

Emily Kern said...

Oh, the DMV!!! Isn't it amazing what is possible even with a gaggle of children? What else are you going to do? Stay home with an expired DL? I think not. And "Night Crossing"?!?! It still brings a little tear to my eye at the end when the balloon comes down and...I won't give it away...I'll just say that I, too, loved this classic!

kir said...

So the sisterly advice of "just let him go ahead and take a bite out of the frozen corndog and then he'll beg you to cook it up all nice and toasty for him..." didn't work out quite as planned?? Now that's just crazy--I'm usually so spot-on!!

-xoxo-Kir

Angie Penrose said...

oh yes good ol' night crossing! :) how fun to have hot air balloons in your front yard! you are lucky