Wednesday, February 10, 2010

100th day


Today is Cole's 100th day in kindergarten. As you all know they do the usual festivities full of 100 everythings. His recent homework was to fill out a paper that eventually would be compiled into the class book for all to share and see. He came up with every response very quickly. It went a little something like this:
I hope I have a 100: VIDEO GAMES (shocker)
I hope I have 100: MOMS (yea, wouldn't that be nice)
I hope I have 100:TOYS (another shocker)
I hope I never have 100: SWATS ON MY BUM (huh?)
He giggled and said , "Yea, you know when dad swats my bum at night....he would get really tired trying to get me in my ca-verths.!
And then there's a lovely colorful illustration to go along with it... his cute round face..mouth wide open... hands flailing...you know, very very accurate!
*Family disclaimer: An occasional bum swat has occurred at bedtime. Never with mouths wide open or flailing of hands. Should I have edited his ideas? I'm now a wee bit nervous to see if this revelation will knock me out of the "mother of the year" award I was up for.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We haven't done 100th anything here. Maybe it's cause my kids start school in, like, November. (Okay not November, but in Sept 9th which seems really really really late.)

I have never had that happen to me--the blurb thing. And I am not that big of a computer guru, so I have no words of wisdom. If it were me, I'd contact Blurb via phone directly and ask them. Good luck!!

Tfamily said...

I remember Blain writting on one of his papers about how his dad beats him. After reading it I was like huh? When I asked him about it, he said "You know, when dad beats me a games". I cleared it up next time I saw his teacher. Aren't kids cute.