Friday, February 5, 2010

I got nothin...

"Lame lame lame lame ...LAME! "-Syndrome (the Incredibles)

That's what's going through my mind right now. I want a new dress. I want lots of new things- but a fun, perfectly fitting, stunning dress is what my heart desires most at this very moment. It's almost spring and spring screams "new dress" time. The stinky problem is I cannot find one. I have searched and searched but to no avail. I did get a good chuckle however. I was perusing the Internet and stumbled upon the Urban Outfitters website. On my honor... I have never been to an actual store nor have been on their website prior to today's visit...an Urban Outfitters virgin if you will. Go there please....get a good laugh, view the "dress" selection and give me your thoughts and opinions...it's good stuff!

Ideas on where to look....websites, stores....would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of looking lame.

8 comments:

jessica said...

Hey I hear you! Try this website
http://uberchicforcheap.blogspot.com I really like this blog. She has some great places to look for stuff. Also try layersclothing.com


Good Luck!

Emily Kern said...

Oh, my goodness! That site is so full of good stuff! Those models have the "hi-I'm-13-and-I-just-got-in-trouble-because-I-am-so-sassy-and-now-I-am-going-to-go-text-all-my-friends-and-tell-them-how-mean-my-parents-are" look. I found a dress I really like but just can't fathom spending nearly $300, so I bought some fabric and took it to a seamstress and she is making it for me for about $50. I am really excited and hope it turns out as well as I imagine!

Tfamily said...

Try www.downeastbasics.com
I will admit though, they usually have more dresses than that. Check back in a few months as they switch things out. At least they are "I forogt my pants" to short. If it makes you feel any better, Courtney hasn't been able to find a dress in a long time. No sleeves, low cut, shorty short. We are back to skirts.

Tfamily said...

Okay, just thought of another website..

www.shabbyapple.com

Amy said...

Silly Kari, those aren't "Dresses", the web guy must have gotten them mixed up with the "tops", cause these girls are CLEARLY missing their PANTS. I hate it when that happens. That's why they are all wearing the dopey expressions on their faces. I'm anxiously checking back to find some dress sites. I got nothin' for you either. I need a lot more help, though. Pants, tops, shoes, accessories. I need updates on them ALL!

kir said...

Okay--a possibility here, I was visiting CJane, and she referenced
www.eshakti.com. I have no idea what the name means, but apparently they will even modify things such as sleeves and length, etc., if that is what your little heart desires. I did see some pretty dresses, hmmmmmmmm...

Unknown said...

Hey Kari! :) I too am on the lookout for a dress for an upcoming wedding ... there are some BEAUTIFUL classy threads at www.bodenusa.com but, they are spendy. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE 6pm.com You may be distracted by all the shoes, but they have a good variety of things for young, old and well...us. Overstock.com is also a favorite of mine. :) Have fun. :)

Justin and Stacey said...

I was also going to suggest shabbyapple.com. A little expensive for my budget but SUPER CUTE!! And they have a billion dresses. Happy shopping!