Monday, January 5, 2009

Almost there



My table has looked like this since Christmas day- I haven't done a thing about it. My kids are upstairs...."playing??" I haven't done a thing about that either. It's now Monday...school has resumed, this has made me happy. Why can't 2 year olds go to school, even for a little while? I will resume legitimate blogging activities in the near future.
For now, just a little nibble into what thrills me the most about "new" board games and 2 year olds--torn box lids within 2 minutes of opening! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I love the torn lids. The only thing that tops it for me is to find the contents scattered around the room like confetti. Somehow High-Ho-Cherry-O doesn't make me so cheery when I'm stepping on cherries right and left. Grrrr is right.

Amy said...

P.S. I spy 'The Sweet Smell of Christmas' on your kitchen table! I love that storybook.

kir said...

So my pet peeve is when "special mommy books" meaning kid books (children's literature) that mommy may have actually purchased in hard-back edition to stay on mommy's shelf (to stretch out that crisp and fresh and fun feel) and be read with children by mommy with supervision, end up looking like the regular books that magically end up on the floor, under the couch, blah, blah, blah...
And Amy, don't you like cherries?? :)
-xoxo-Kir

Emily Kern said...

My table looks like that almost any given day, only it is not as fun as board games, books, and blueprints, It is usually paper and paper and paper and tape and glue and crayons. I keep telling myself that I love it and that I wouldn't have it any other way, but I am not so sure about that.

libbie said...

torn box lid would drive me batty as well. but the house looks great! stained concrete floors are totally something I would be interested in. i can't wait to see more pictures of the house progress!