Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How 'bout this snow...eh?!


This was my front porch the other morning. Our milk box was drowning in the white stuff. Well, that is until my big, strong, hunky, husband shoveled it all away. It kinda stunk when it all returned about 8 hours later.

Brody expressing my thoughts on this weather. Not a huge fan of snow. Maybe it's because I have never owned proper snow gear. I guess I had some killer moon boots when I was but a child, yet all these years later...nothing. It's totally my fault, I never take the time to buy actual, oh, say....snow boots, until my front porch looks like it does right now. And every year I'm finding that my Gap clearance rack rubber rain boots just don't insulate the footsies like say.....SNOW boots would. Maybe next week or year.
Like most of you, we've been semi- home bound for days. Church has been cancelled for the last 2 Sundays. School was delayed the first 2 days last week and CANCELLED THE LAST 3...yes, that means I have had EXTRA Christmas break time to add on to the next T-W-O weeks...hot dog! And- my stupid rubber boots are slippery !
So what have we been doing all week?


Church was cancelled again so I busted out the "Friend" magazine on Sunday to ya know, have a little spiritual time with Mr. Jack. He decided that nothing would be cooler than to write in a story for the front cover of when his prayers were answered. Things were going great, his description of said events were bringing tears to my eyes. I had high hopes. I told him to write it out in his own words and then I'd help him fix spelling etc. before we sent it in. Easy enough. I read his story..(great thoughts, a few spelling changes) and then proceeded to write it out so it would.....make a little more sense. I re-read my version to him and received major thumbs down. "That's not even what I wrote "-blah blah blah .



Cole seriously thought his pants looked fine. Yea, he strutted out of his room wearing Brody's jeans and didn't even blink an eye. This kid also habitually wears his socks completely right side up so the dirty heel part is on display up top. It drives me batty if the ankle part of my sock is at all off my actual ankle.....yea, upside down, all day, every day... if I don't twist them myself.



Just more evidence of my killer parenting skills this week. Who needs to watch their 2 year old and an open full box of CHEEZITS. The floor looked even better. FYI- new flavor of Sharp cheddar and Parmasean combo...totally delicious.
Merry Christmas!




3 comments:

Amy said...

I saw your state on the news for the past several days, and was wondering when the photos/updates/church cancellations would be posted! I live in Utah, and I still don't have any proper snow attire. It's a tragedy, but it just means that I get to watch from the window while Dad and the kids play in the cold snow - be my guests! I love the photos and the stories, ah, you make me chuckle friend. Have a MEEERY Christmas!!

Emily Kern said...

You have a milk box?!? I am so jealous! I am also jealous of all your snow. I LOVE snow, but only until January 2 and then it can be spring. Reese has (many times) come downstairs all ready for school in one of the twin's very tight jeans. I think little boys just must be oblivious to things like inseam lengths and flowers on pockets. Your D-land pictures are fabulous! Your boys are so cute and you look marvelous! Have a great Christmas! Maybe Santa could bring you some proper snow attire!

kir said...

Two thumbs up to that hunky snow-shoveling husband of yours, even if it just keeps coming! So you know we must be sisters with the inadequite (that doesn't look right) snow gear thing, and I live in a semi-perpetually blanketed-in-the-white-stuff-state! Cael and Curtis went out for some brotherly fun in the snow yesterday, and the best I could do for my 3-year-old was a red mitten on his left hand and a sock on his right one--pathetic...