Saturday, January 10, 2009

Review of a Saturday


This is the state of my future abode as of Saturday. Minus the snow inside and death drop from the upstairs due to zero hand rails.....it's really a fun place to visit and walk around. I found out on Saturday that I'm not the only one who likes to hang around....aimlessly. I'm figuring out my game plan in dealing with neighbor dogs....NOT a fan. As we (the Thomas clan including super helper uncle Mark) sat and enjoyed our Safeway deli sandwiches and chips- this cross eyed, dirty and wet, mess of a mut dog sat at my feet....begging for food. Now I'm not a total cold heart but come on.... I had Doritos to eat... and oh yea, I don't touch dogs....especially mangy, stinky, wet, cross eyed ones...that aren't mine.It's just not my thing. I'm not mean to dogs, in fact, Brody got busted for his attempt at throwing a rock at this poor fella. We're just not pet people. In mangy dog's defense, he took our constant-yet polite forceful foot nudges like a champ. I'm telling ya though, come August, that thing will be in my yard daily doing his business and THAT is so not cool with me. How in the world do non pet people co-exist with mangy, stinky, cross eyed, mut dogs who won't go away and want to poo in MY yard? This is a real dilemma for me. FYI-he got bread crust when all was said and done. Can dogs even eat bread crust?

There you are my beautiful Christmas windows! I even love 'em just sittin there in the wet den.





On to other things I loved about Saturday:


Buying these stupid cookies. My sneaky #3 likes to be so helpful at the store and instead of just say...sitting in the cart, he likes to push, or walk/run or pick up random boxes of lame0 ORGANIC OREOS for heavens sake and open them. Yea, not cool spending $4.00 on any box of cookies, let alone ORGANIC OREOS.....bleeeck! He was pretty pleased with himself.

The wearing of fleece
hats.
I love winter hats and insist that they are worn by my children as much as possible. I don't have little girls to do their hair all fancy shmance so this is my accessory of choice for the fellas-something to keep their heads warm. I turned around (on our way to a delicious and oh so enjoyable dinner with the Jensen crew) and saw cute smiley Cole and my little nose picking son Boris...straight from Moscow. At least the very top of his head was warm!















11 comments:

Amy said...

At least the dog doesn't appear to have an owner. Call animal control and let them take care of him. I'm sure there's someone out there who's just dying for a cross-eyed dog! Washington DC temple legend talked of a large black dog who would guard the temple site at night against material thieves. Once the temple was finished, they never saw the dog again...you never know!

kir said...

I am so excited to come see my favorite sister with the shiny Christmas windows AND the friendly neighborhood carb-loving, cross-eyed, persistent mutt!!
Glad to know that "glasnost" and "perestoika" are alive and well clear up in the Claw...

erin said...

I get so happy reading your blog that I think...maybe i should post something soon...maybe! And I do love your boys hats. Very cute accessory!

The Texas Links said...

Looks like the house is coming along. How exciting for you and your boys. Hopefully one of the first things on the to do list is a fence to keep those mangy dogs out. I absolutely hate it when someone lets their dog out to come "do his business" in my yard.
I love that I'm not the only one with a curious shopping buddy. A couple of months ago, I got home and unpacked groceries to find that my 2 year old had put Gerry-Curl into our buggie. Never gonna use that.....

yennu said...

It is looking beautiful and coming along so quickly! I love the submarine window, it is going to look perfect!

Cassie Jensen said...

I did love the windows, and the dinner! LOVE the wearing of the fleece as high as possible. Where did you find such stiff fleece? Is there a special tall-fleece-hat store I am missing? I think Porter would love one, not to mention Larry- hmmmm.... next Christmas maybe!

Emily Kern said...

My mom has a handy BB pistol for shooting at their annoying, three-legged neighbor dog. Since she used that a time or two, she hasn't had much trouble with him. You do have to be careful, though, and only do it when no one can see you--and don't leave any evidence. Once Ben shot our neighbors horrible dog in the chest with a paintball gun. It had a big pink spot, but no one ever said anything to us. The sad thing is that we ARE dog people. The fact that I was in favor of shooting these particular dogs should tell you how AWFUL they are. So, reserve firearms for other dogs, not the poor bag o' fleas that has taken a liking to you. The house looks GREAT!

Angie Penrose said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me smile. :) Can't wait to see your cute little round window in it's place! How fun. Cute little Boris. HA!

libbie said...

oh I just LOVE the house. Don't love dogs,let alone mangy dogs, or organic oreos either! And Boris . . . what a cutie! And take it from a mom of all girls and none boys . . . doing hair fancy shcmancy is way overrated!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Kari!

I can't believe that we found each other, oh how I love the internet. I have now looked through most of your blog archives. So, you have been busy, our kiddos are all really close in age. What part of WA are you in? Do you live close to your mama? Allen IM'ed me on facebook last week, it was my first IM conversation. Fun to catch up, so now you are on my blog reading list...I will be watching.

Alison said...

Kari you always make me laugh! Love the picture of your russian son! =)
Make sure you always keep your car windows rolled up. Last summer we found a wet mangey dog in our car! Gross. He wouldn't move either. At least he was friendly...but he was wet and he was a DOG!
Like your windows! We got new windows for Christmas too. Our old ones were drafty and 100 years old. New windows are a very good gift indeed!