Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well Done

So much can happen in a day. This was Mr. Cole and I yesterday morning. We bundled up and fought the frigid temps just to ride the ferry boat and feed some gross seagulls crusty old bread. It was all in the name of a preschool field trip and it was nice to get out, alone with my buddy Cole....the cutest and sweetest 4 year old I know.
Fast forward to about..oh say, 4 :11 a.m. this morning. Only a mom is awoken instantly when she hears her child coughing/puking/crying/screaming in his bed. OH BOY......more VOMIT!!!!! I won't go into details, it wasn't as messy as his bro on the top bunk but painful none the less. Kyle finally stumbled out of bed when I've already turbo carried Cole to the bathroom. Could we at LEAST make it to the bathroom?? Must we continue to soil EVERY piece of bedding? I get that mess cleaned up, talk Jack back asleep, wash out the sheets so they'll at least be ready to be laundered at a reasonable hour, make a make shift pukey bed on my floor for Cole and climb into bed around 4:45 a.m. I'm beat and wide awake.......WHY?????
7:20 a.m., Kyle is leaving for work. "Brody's light is on." "FANTASTIC!!!"
And then I hear it...........the coughing, the moaning, the "mooooooommy." Yes, I enter his room to find poor little "so very 2" sitting amongst his own little stinky sicky mess. We head straight for the tub and so begins my day-My already filled with many OTHER things to do besides clean up vomit day. I'm so not looking forward to the next 15 hours or so. I can only watch playhouse Disney for so long. As he soaked his troubles away in the tub I started stripping down MORE sheets and headed to the washer. I suddenly am aware of something sticking to my foot:

No joke, a little greeting from "James" and all the Thomas the train guys has been stuck to my foot for who knows how long. "WELL DONE!" I seriously had to laugh at the timing of this discovery. I think it's times like these when little reassurances from above come in real handy and are much appreciated. Especially since 3 out of 3 kids have been puking this week and we're only 1 for 2 on the actual (dealing with it) crew!



8 comments:

Amy said...

Well done indeed! That Thomas - he always knows what to say. We've been watching that a lot around here while I've been down for the count. My favorite line today was from this episode where Thomas WANTS to take children to the seaside, but he gets tasked with getting ingredients for ice cream instead. The hot, sweaty children cheer him when he delivers it and he declares, "Delivering ice cream is more fun than I thought!" I know you probably can't say that about puke, but I just wanted to share. Godspeed, my friend. Love and hugs!

Emily Kern said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had to clean up dog barf today. I didn't even get a well done sticker. I am glad that you did and that you had a little giggle about it! I hope it all goes away soon!

kir said...

Uh, wow, and so sorry!! On the bright side, no dog barf for you!! (sorry about that, Emily K...)

Heather said...

Well, just in case the words from James didn't get you all the way through the night, you can be again thankful that your washing machine will wash more than 1 blanket at a time. :)

Puking around here is a full-on laundry extravaganza for a week and a half! Good luck...this too will end. :) ~Heather

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Oh dear. I'd take a stinky diaper over vomit anyday. I'm sooo sorry. Hope all gets well, quick!
-Laurel

Thomas family said...

Well, It is great to hear that my kids are not the only Thomas kids that can't hit a toilet. (And mine are 8,6 and 2, GRRR!) I feel for you! Hope everyone is better really fast!

Amberly said...

I feel for you. Dealing with sick kids is exhausting.

I have been so behind in my blog reading and was happy to see the pictures of your house. It looks great.

Your sock picture made me laugh out loud. I feel like all I do as I mate socks is throw away little boy socks. Seriously how do they put holes in them so fast?

Angie Penrose said...

Well done! HA! That is too funny. Many a times have I found a wandering sticker on the bottom of my feet. That one fit perfectly though. :) Glad everyone is feeling better. So fun to see the circle window in its place!