Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another week down

Let's start with Brody, shall we:

Should have known the silence down stairs wasn't producing anything positive.

Lately, he's been loving stripping down to his onesie that is way to small.-note to self.

Except when he wakes up from a much needed but taken WAAAY too late in the day nap. Not thrilled with the one shoulder deal.



Cole can't think rationally lately..."can I play the Wii? When can I? Now can I? Did you say I could play the Wii?" Do you think it would be o.k. if I played now for 4 minutes?"
Case in point, this is Cole and co. on Sunday morning, I know pathetic. This is my life post Wii. And our lame-o old t.v in my room is the only one with easy cord access. Now nightly I fall asleep to the sweet sweet sounds of a young Indie Jones running and chasing something, or Brody issuing his "My tun" plea that turns violent when ignored. It's a vicious cycle that I created....grrr. !

Jack:
He's an amazing sock wearer. Case in point! We're still working on the "throw them away when you see a hole STARTING to form" idea.



Poor kid had the vomit session of his 6 1/2 year old life yesterday. Somehow he did manage to lean over the side of his top bunk and hit every piece of wood, sheeting, blanket, comforter, pillow, on both his bed and poor little Cole below. Oh and the rug, can't forget the rug. Needless to say, I earned major mom points in cleaning the entire treat all by myself as Kyle was literally on his way out the door and sadly suffers from a debilitating case of, "oh that stinks so bad I can't be in the same room or even think of cleaning it up" itus. It's very sad and very severe!

Had a fun birthday weekend with great friends-

Lots of cake and sweaty running with buddies for Jack.....the vomit session the next morning is becoming more clear now!!



The house: Our front/back/mud room porches were poured! Roof still getting finished, windows still going in sometime and roof porch will be built for the posts that will line my porch. Can I say porch a few more times?!





























6 comments:

kir said...

Oh, Kari, Kari, Kari--puke-o-rama, I am so sorry and can truly empathize!! My porr little 3-year-old puker has moved on "from the mouth" to another magical area that has required more than one bath today, we'll just put it that way...Sorry about Kyle's sad and severe condition, bummer...
Question-did you clean up Coley before you got to the puker? Years ago (I may have told you this many times already), we were about 5 minutes out of Anaheim, when the warm leftover breakfast OJ mixed with a voraciously consumed large amount of "beefy jerky" proved to be too wicked a cocktail for young Curtis to keep to himself. He was in the Back-back of the sweet minivan and managed to spew all over toddler Kendell, who was carseated into the bench in front of him. We pulled over, cleaning up poor little Kendell, figuring that Pukey Joe could hang tight for 5 more minutes?? His feeble little "ah, what about me?" was sad, and on a good note, the jerky consumption has been waaaaay down since then...
Hang in there, supermom!!

Kristin said...

Love to see the updates on your house. We are coming to the end of that long journey, finally! Who would have ever thought switches and cover plates were so exciting.

Emily Kern said...

I also have a love/hate relationship with the wii. Fortunately for me/unfortunately for the kids, their not so tech saavy mom doesn't know how to set anything up/turn it on, so it isn't too much trouble until Ben comes home. Your house is looking so pretty! I can hardly wait for the next set of pictures!

Amy said...

Oh, I'm loving the progress and so happy you'll have a nice, big porch to decorate for the holidays! Wow, I've been complaining about my kids being sick - at least it hasn't been puke to clean up. You are supermom! I've heard similar tales of the buyer's remorse from the Christmas Wii's. My friend uses it big time to get extra chores, homework, etc. out of her kids before they play.

libbie said...

ewww .. . . you do deserve mom points for that one. nice work.

Cassie Jensen said...

I can see why I haven't heard from you in a while. Porter suffered from the puke issues as well from Thurs-Tuesday. We are working on day 2 of puke-freedom! Yeah! But found out yesterday he has pnemonia. Yeah. And, lucky for us, he has passed on something to me, Larry and Riley (so far). Ugh.

I hope your week is ending better and Kyle also recovers from his severe case of the "idon'twantto's". Those clear up when Mom walks out faster. Just something to think about. Hee. Hee.

House is looking spiffy- can't wait to see that porch!