Monday, June 2, 2008

weekend wrap-up

Dinner is cooking away in the oven (compliments of Costco freezer section) and so I will type. It's Monday afternoon and I'm exhausted.
Is it from:
-waking up at the crack'o dawn due to my darling's snoring
-alarm clock
-both
-Spending 3.5 hours at the cannery scooping, beans, rice, oats, macaroni,wheat, flour, cocoa mix...you name, I scooped it ( and I am thankful)
-feeding ravenous children 3 at a time

It's been a day and we still have yet another t-ball game tonight- hence the Costco meal.

Highlights from the weekend:
*Kyle made choc. chip cookies simply because I requested them.
*Kyle washed both vehicles and they looked FanTastic for about 3 minutes until the rain suddenly started....so sad.
*got to workout on a Saturday morning and not pay for the childcare
*Found my mom her b-day present and feel pretty darn good about it. The lovely Jan is turning 60 this Sunday and the fabulous family party is happening in Boise of all places this weekend....hold on to your hats for that post!
*Went on a date with the handsome hubby, thoroughly disappointed at Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford still quite attractive, not feelin the "alien theme." Sorry if anyone was still in the dark.....aliens...it deals with aliens....LAME-O. There were some funny one-liners I could appreciate, but I also could have appreciated saving the $20. Oh well, loved the company. And to all the mothers in the audience that actually BROUGHT their young ones (I have 2 that were dying to see it) SPANK YOUR BOTTOM (as my mom would say) not kid appropriate. Nightmares for days....grrrrrr!
*Brody made his debut in nursery...went off without a hitch I might add. We're still working on the crayon eating but that's just fine with me as long as he stays and there's no tears.
*Sunday FHE at the in-laws-yummy dinner and yummier cake and ice-cream. Cole proceeds to come in from outside and motions for g-pa to come to him. G-pa reports that Cole had found the secret stash of Dr. Pepper in the barn and needed a little help opening the can. He also informed g-pa that he had to do it outside so "my mom won't see anything." Awesome! I proceed to ask some simple test questions about what was going on with Mr. Cole and he casually tells me, "just don't worry about me Mom." Double Awesome.

6 comments:

kir said...

So Cole has totally got it figured out-secret stashes, secret codes- double awesome is right!!
And you bet your bottom dollar that Boise is going to rock- I have been asked "what's in Boise?" to which I must respond "we are!" (or at least we will be)and it'll be the best!!
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

Thank you for the Indie confirmation! That's $20 better spent somewhere else. I'm so glad to hear Cole is feeling better before the big-Boise weekend. Have tons of fun- wish we didn't have to wait 2 more weeks to follow!

Emily Kern said...

Cole sounds like a funny little guy! Ben went and saw Indiana Jones. I'm OK waiting from what I have heard everyone say. By the way I still freak out about Raiders. You might think it is the whole face melting part that gets to me, but it is really the part where the bad guy pulls out the hanger in the tent. So sinister. Happy Birthday to Jan! Have a great time in BOISE!

Alison said...

I like how you do these weekend wrap-up posts. Great idea. I should start doing something like that. Happy Birthday to your mom & hello to all your family! =)

Kristin said...

It's funny finding peoples blogs through someone elses. I am glad I stumbled across yours, your boys are so big and darling-

Amy said...

Kari,

I got tagged for that "5 things you were doing 10 years ago". Was I living with you in '98, or was living in "The Gate" still. Please help me recreate my life! haha.

cartitas33(at)hotmail.com

Happy Birthday, Jan! Take lots of pics for us to see.