Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The RUNdown...pun intended


So last Saturday was D-day.....my first official 5k. Once again, not a runner! However, on this day, I was for a good 34 minutes or so. I don't know my "official time" - the yahoos in charge didn't have the timer WORKING....HELLO, it's a race. I wasn't competing with anyone, I just wanted to finish without stopping . Anyway, I just added up my rockin playlist songs and came up with my time. It's the best time I've run so far. I was feeling pretty sweet about passing a few ladies, especially on the home stretch. I was also feeling pretty sweet when the 10kers came in riiiight around the same time I did. I DON"T CARE MR. DOVE SHORTS...yes, you are very fast, and eeeeeveryone knows it! Major accomplishment for me. I was so wanting to stop a number of times but didn't...YAHOO!


Will I do this again?.......probably!

Any desire for a 10K?...ZERO!

9 comments:

Amy said...

May I tell you how PROUD I am of you! Josh has run several marathons and I've been cheerin' at the finish line, but have never considered doing anything that remotely resembles a race - even a 5K. So, that is SO great! I meant to send you the favorite songs on his "running" list, but I forgot! BTW, you look cute in your running gear. Blue becomes you. Great job!

Angie Penrose said...

Way to go Kari! I knew you could do it. I was going to go but opted to get my toes painted instead. :) We're going down south on saturday! I'll call you when I get home for a get together!

erin said...

You did awesome sister! I think Beth was saying something about another one coming up soon, so I will keep you informed. BTW, I just added Ting Ting to my own workout playlist! Keep rockin' the training!!

Cassie Jensen said...

Congrats! It even feels good when it's a friend overcoming challenges and meeting goals! (I will ride on your accomplishment, if that is ok. I still don't think you'll get me in one of these next year!) What a great pic of the family. Yeah, Kari!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Awesome - 5Ks are addicting. I love 10Ks, and think they're the perfect length, you might think about it.

Amy said...

Kar,

I would love your recipe for Cafe Rio salad dressing. Please send it my way! amy.paulsen(at)gmail.com

Please see my correction on my Tag post in today's post. :)

Emily Kern said...

You are my hero! I am very impressed and inspired by your motivation! Could you pass a little my way?

kir said...

Just so you know, I think I may make the Thom Fam 5k photo my new screen saver (love it), but if you would've included "Dove Shorts" in the shot with you, it would so already be there...
Awesome job, Kar!!
-xoxo-Kir

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. I have tremendous respect for runners. I only run if something is burning on the stove. Way to go!