Friday, June 27, 2008

Jack in a nutshell

This being the 27th day of June, it is the 6th year anniversary of when Mr. Jack made his looooong awaited and much anticipated debut. Yes, Happy Birthday you cute thing. I wanted to take a moment to tell you all how fantastically cool Jack is.
SIX reasons I adore Jack:
. 1. His Smile: Even with some yucky sores on the side of his mouth and in desperate need of a haircut, he's still so cute. He's got great little teeth. When that sad day finally comes and they fall out and become gigantor and crooked and not so cute...I'll still love his smile.
2. He's HILARIOUS!!
This kid has the funniest personality ever. He has lots of friends at school and it's so funny to see how they congregate around him. He's a leader and I like that quality about him. Now I just have to continuosly make sure that that leading is in the right direction and is kind and not bossy (bossy leaders aren't fun or cute).
3. He's a smarty pants, clever kid, who loves to read, draw, and write "books." I love that he loves to read. He's a thinker...sometimes...tooooo much. He is a natural who really gets into stories both reading and writing them. His art is priceless and I 've kept every superhero, ninja turtle, Mr. Incredible drawing ever created...good stuff. I wish I had that artsy talent.
-just a little "Alvin and the chipmunks" white board free hand. FYI: Simon has a "hood on" hence the blue head.
-of course.
4. He's obedient. I may have to ask more than I would like, but for the most part, I have been blessed with very obedient kids, Jack completely included. He's a great example for the other boys and I so appreciate when he justs says, "o.k. mom." We practice that phrase A LOT. I love that his school teacher also appreciated his obedience for her..yea! Somehow that didn't quite translate into P.E. .....hmmmm. Come on, he's 5, it was the end of the day, lots of balls.....
5. His GREEN eyes. I thought that coming from both very brown eyed parents -chances were pretty good all off spring would follow suit. Not the case with this guy. I love them, green as green and just plain cool looking.-Aren't they lovely, so green.... and purple and red. I didn't have any close-ups, so injury photos will have to do.

-Last but certainly not least:

6. He's a wonderful BIG brother!
Jack is definately the oldest. I'm so thankful that he's there to help me with the little guy, grab me a diaper, help Cole brush his teeth, set the table, pick up the toys in the backyard, read to the little guy, hand me my cell phone....everything, he's just so helpful. I love that my boys are best friends. Would it surprise you to know that Jack started this "lovefest?"
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY DOLLHEAD!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a handsome little boy! I'm sure glad you posted that. It's fun to "get to know" your kids. Sounds like you've got yourself a gem. :)

Janeen said...

happy birthday Jack! Your one of the greatest 6 year olds i know!

Heather said...

Hi Kari!

What sweet little boys, I wouldn't expect anything different! I found your blog as I was clicking away on links...got to the Reil girls and then saw 'Kari' and took a chance - thrilled! - you STILL crack me up! I loved catching up on you!

~Heather (Morris) Long

Stephanie said...

I'm with Amy, it's fun to get to know a little about your kids through your blog. He is a very handsome boy, as are the other two. I hope he had a fun celebration!

Cassie Jensen said...

We were definately thinking of you, Jack, as we drove home in the 100 degree heat! Hope your day was great! Happy, happy birthday! We think you're pretty cool, too! And tell your mom, she's not so shabby either!
Love,
The Jensen's