Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Observations this week

-It's all in the timing. I love it when my boys will be cooperative and actually smile "normal" looking smiles just to please me...at a moments notice...whenever I so desire!

I love good examples:My boys thoroughly enjoy their cousin Blain, they think he is the coolest. Elder Thomas officially left on his mission this week and we will miss him however, let the mail correspondence begin :)

Running head on into foldy chairs will end in this position.
Don't be a "sneaky meany"
Jack thinks he can get away with a lot of 'brotherly unkindness" towards Cole...he's what one would refer to as a"sneaky meany."

Case in point- Cole came in crying cause, "Jack just bopped me in the head and it didn't feel vewy good at all." Well, I could see why that wouldn't feel good so I proceeded to tell Cole to get the bat and Jack to assume the position. Cole had an apprehensive but most enjoyable bopping session and all is well in brother land again. Just be nice boys/Jack. -yes, this is actual documentation of the "bopping" incident, if you look close, you can see the "Do-o" coming from the perpetrators mouth.

Reading is fun for all involved.
It is just the coolest thing to listen to Jack read, he's really good. It's even better when Brody gets a book, backs up and sits on Jack's lap ready to listen. I love it!
FYI: Blue train Green train is a nail biter.






4 comments:

Amy said...

Your boys are SO darn adorable! I mean it, utter cuteness. Those smiling pictures should be enlarged and framed. Pronto. Man, look out girls, here come the Thomas boys!

How fun to have one old enough to "read" to the other. I can totally see him "backing up" to sit on a lap. Too cute. We're big into Thomas (the train) these days. I'll have to check that one out. Every plot is so thrilling.

kir said...

Okay- I just have to say that one of my truly great childhood mems is of a super sweet 6-year-old playing with an exceptionally cute little 2-year-old sis, who had a certain penchant (nice word) for biting, ah, others, mainly the delightful 6-year old! This had happened on numerous occasions, and this particular day as the 6-year-old was laying on the ground, playfully lifting up and cooing at the 2-year-old, the 2-year-old bit right into the 6-year-old's taut tummy! Awesomely enough, the mother of said children decided that the 2-year old needed a taste, no a bite of her own medicine, and BIT the 2-year-old "with feeling!!" Incredibly, biting wasn't so much of an issue after that...

Happy Brother Land is a good place to be...
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

Love these pics. We miss those boys- and you adults, too, of course! Hope we can get together soon! I quite enjoy your sweet motherhood observations. Congrats to Elder Thomas! Letters are the best!

Stephanie said...

I laughed out loud at the running into the foldy chairs picture. I love it! I am also very impressed that your boys cooperate with picture time. Very, very handsome boys.