Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here at the homefront......

* Mr. Thomas being a totally cool dad with the fellas having a squirt gun fight in the rain....cause it's summer you know.


Kyle is out of town.....again. This week's adventure finds him salmon fishing in Alaska on his favorite river with his brother and dad...wind/water blistered and happy as a clam. I'm happy for him, he deserves a break.

Hey, speaking of "deserves a break......."


A photo montage of our week so far:

...I'm just sayin...










The 3 year old who runs the place. First one up, last one to bed.....



Some bright spots:


I wish I could clone Cole.....man, would you stop reading to your spastic little brother and playing Operation Buzz Lightyear with such quiet concentration......










Tooth fairy made a $1 visit to Jack. Seriously the tooth was only the slightest bit loose at dinner and by bedtime the kid had yanked it out. Grody!


So we're almost 3 days in with 4 days to go. I HATE being by myself. TV watching just isn't as good, the DVR isn't even tempting me. I'm a completely capable mom who just really enjoys having her husband around, I quite like the guy. I never sleep good and for some odd reason my temper is just a tad bit short. All will be right with the world when my freezer is full of fresh salmon next week. Until then, Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes?












1 comment:

kir said...

I know exactly what you need--a visit from your very favorite sis and her entire brood of cheery travelers!! They are all fine with cereal, and I am completely on board with team Jack and his crazy tooth-pulling skills! He is definitely related to me, I could not get my loose teeth out soon enough. I did pull out the wrong tooth once, mistaking it for the semi-loose one next to it--oops. Double tooth fairy bonus?!
Love you!!
-xoxo-Kir