Friday, March 12, 2010

It never fails....

So I spent my 34th birthday at Disneyland and I highly recommend it. Do you see my happy children, the ones who were thrilled to have their picture taken once again for mom's big day? I just wanted to document that I wore my b-day button with pride and thoroughly enjoyed the "happy birthday Carrie" wishes I received from cast members all day. Kari/Carrie....it's all the same!


Jack and Cole are at perfect ages to enjoy Disneyland. They act spazzy together, argue very little, and once in a while.....hold hands. It's pretty cute.


We were told (by the lovely gentleman to the left) to get off these rocks right after I got a couple shots off. Yet another reason I love my new fast camera.

Another talent I do not posses...balloon animals or in our case, knights with helmets, belts and swords. These were a huge hit at dinner one night. The fellas couldn't understand why they couldn't take them to the park each day.






Ah, the character meet and greet!





Thomas family favorite ride....Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.









Jack getting really serious about his driving abilities. He's totally pumped for next time ...he'll be tall enough that he can drive on his own.




Brody in true fashion. He doesn't calm down gradually, he'll just stop from exhaustion. Case in point.



We've never really been a "princess" loving family ...hard to believe I know. Kate had to meet at least Cinderella. The boys graciously waited for her big moment!



We're a little nerdy when it comes to visiting the happiest place on Earth. We love to pin trade...a lot. We also get a kick out of finding "Hidden Mickeys".....and find some good ones we did! Yes, that is a glass Mickey laid somewhere in the cement amongst the park. Ok, so we use a book for clues but it's so fun!




"Can we get a churro?"
"No."
"Can we get a churro?"
"No."
"Can we get a churro?"
"Maybe tomorrow."
"Can we get a churro?"
"Tomorrow."
"But we're leaving today......."
"Riiiight..."
Happy Churros!


Even though Kate was teething and pretty much despised the stroller, she was still a dollhead. She was so thrilled eachnight to get out of the stroller that she actually figured out how to finally crawl...right there on the delicious hotel carpet....mmmm!


I just thought this was a fantastic picture!




Only long wait of the week...."Toy Story Mania" so worth it everytime!





How we roll: we pack snacks....and lots of 'em.





The best $7.50 spent on food.






Her majesty.....




It was such a blast. I love my family and honestly, I do enjoy spending 24/7 with them for a week straight. Now the plane ride home is quite another story.



















































































































































































































































































5 comments:

Amy said...

This post is FABULOUS! Your new camera is awesome, I can tell it's nice. The shot with Jack in front of the Mickey ferris wheel - perfect. Your kids look like they had so much fun. Ben would have DIED to have a balloon helmet, sword AND holster(?). I love that every character shot with Kate, she's going for their chest. Too cute. I love your clothes, Kari. Reveal your stores. Happy Birthday!

Amberly said...

It looks like you had a fabulous trip - can I say I am a little jealous? I love Disneyland in a ridiculous way. We need to go again real soon.

jessica said...

I think it is so crazy that we were at Disney at the same time just clear across the country from each other! I love how you were in all of the character pictures...and that you wore your birthday button.

My laundry is finally done, but there is sand everywhere!

kir said...

As a regular Kristen, Kristie, Firsten, I do love and completely appreciate the "Happy Birthday Carrie"--and nice on you with the button wearing!! And such sweet parents to break down with the purchase of churros, that does happen when the tomorrows at Disneyland run dry.
I love the pics and am totally impressed with the Donald shot--we've never been in a photo with him in his sailor suit get-up. I'm guessing that after you and the jr. Thoms finished with your pic, Kyle jumped in for his own Donald shot?? Maybe that's the profile pic on his blog??
-xoxo-Kir

Cassie Jensen said...

So happy. Somewhat jealous. Full of Disney-envy! But glad you had a fabulous time and that we get to share a little of it, too. Can't wait for lunch!