Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Before and After

Just a little walk down memory lane to keep up with the goings on:
First stop: Ms. Kate. It's hard to believe that she came in such a teeny tiny package. She's sittin pretty at almost 16 lbs., has earned her first tooth and is maybe 23 floor scoots away from crawling. I love this stage..aren't quite mobile, totally smiley, and just delicious!






Next we have Brody Brod.
He was such a cute baby with big milk dud eyes. He wore diapers back then. And now that he's totally 3 and gigantor....he's STILL wearing diapers! Grrr.

The other day I asked Cole and Brody to pick up the bonus room before coming down for lunch. I told them to let me know when they were done and I would do a little checky check. All was going famously well (-it looked surprisingly great and in record time)until I asked him to put the pillows back on the couch. "Uh, don't worry about the pillows mom, they'll be o.k." Cole's lying alarm starting blaring and I immediately asked him to remove all the pillows conveniently shoved in the corner. Oh the beauty and shame of it all. He was mortified, ( and rightly so) mad, and so very 5. I gave myself parenting kudos that day for handling the situation like a champ. Find the problem, take appropriate pictures, resolve the situation peacefully. Cole was grounded from the Wii (his BFF) for 5 days, one day for each year of his Wii deprived life. Those 5 days Wii-less were glorious and thus I instituted our new system: Wii-kends. That's right, only on the weekend can the Wii even be considered. It's not rocket science and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Yea for a playing with siblings with actual toys!!!!


Last up: Mr.Sweat himself. Jack is thick in the middle of b-ball season and is having such a good experience. He's improved with every game and I'm seriously loving watching him play. I still don't understand how a capri sun and doritos or ding dongs are the snack of choice after running for an hour. It goes against my better judgement to give out anything Hostess after a game. So now I gotta come up with something fun so I'm not the lame mom with gross "treats" when it's Jack's turn for snack. Ideas?
There you have it...January in review.








































6 comments:

kir said...

Love it--is Jack's team named "Purple Rain" by any chance??
Good luck with the post-game snacks, with football, they not only do post-game snacks, but half-time fruit as well. Slicing and packaging up oranges for 25 mega sweaty teen boys is an art, or something.
You could always forego the Hostess and give Little Debbie a call...

Cassie Jensen said...

Gogurts or anything frozen has always won the hearts of the little ballers out here. If you don't want to carry the cooler, though, rice krispie treats seem to be a happy medium for us. The kids are looking great. We miss them all. Hopefully we'll be seeing you all soon!

Emily Kern said...

You know what they need after a grueling game of b-ball? Red Bull. And Pork Rinds. I would pay money to see how that went over with kids and parents. Love the updates, and I think Wii-kends are a fabulous idea! Good job! BTW, Anna almost went to school with pink Zebra jammies today, she decided to get with the program at the LAST POSSIBLE moment. I had my camera ready just in case.

jessica said...

That Kate is scrumptious! Eden's soccer season is just around the corner, I love it and I just scored one dollar boxes of quaker granola bars so we are set for snacks!

Holly Beaird said...

I loved the update!
I'm sort of against snacks at all after the games...I know they need a good drink, but all the candy and chips just get fought over by everyone in the car on the way home and do they really need it at all? Cant we just feed them dinner/ lunch before or after the games? I really shouldn't be complaining--I'm the mom who forgets the treats anyways--problem solved! :)
No tv/wii/psp/ds/computer on weekdays. This is my favorite rule at our house!
sorry for the Loooooong response.

Angie Penrose said...

i'm the gross treat mom too! :) i love the "hey kids you just exercised for an hour now have a chocolate milk and a sleeve of donuts!" that one was my favorite. come on people!!